• thirty one •

Oliver and I had been texting nonstop for the past week. Austin was glad I had a friend. He had also been hanging out with friends and not just me.

As for me, I had no one here in LA. And I didn't really know how to make friends. My job was strictly online so I couldn't do it through work. I just sat in the house all day. It became kinda depressing. I decided I'd go out and get some lunch. I was so hungry.

I drove to Chipotle and walked in.

"Hi, can I get a burrito?" I asked as the guy nodded and grabbed a tortilla, heating it up. "And a bowl."

"Yeah, of course," he said. "Steak or chicken?"

I got back home and Austin was sitting there with one of his friends. I greeted them and walked into the kitchen, sitting my burrito and bowl on the counter.

"Are you hungry, babe?" Austin laughed at me. I looked at him with angry eyes and ignored him. "What did I do? All I did was ask if you were hungry."

"Obviously I'm hungry or I wouldn't have gotten a bowl and a motherfucking burrito," I rolled my eyes, grabbing the plastic fork out of the bag. Austin's friend, Nick, laughed at me.

"Why are you so pissed off at me?" Austin asked me.

"I'm not, I'm sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm probably PMSing early since I didn't have a period last month," I sighed, hugging Austin. He hugged me back.

"It's okay. Eat your food and go take a nap," he kissed my forehead and then walked back into the living room that was only a few steps away.

When I finished eating, I walked into the bedroom and changed into pajamas. It was only like three in the afternoon but I was tired. It was cloudy outside and it was the perfect time to take a nap.

I woke up to my phone ringing. It was Blaire.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, I'm coming to LA for the weekend," She told me. I was beyond excited.

"Yay! When will you be here?" I asked her.

"My Uber literally just dropped me off at your house," She said. I laughed. No warning or anything.

"Okay, just come in," I said before hanging up.

I walked into the living room the same tide Blaire did.

"Well, hey Blaire," Austin said, shocked.

"Sup," she replied, dropping her bag and taking her shoes off. She plopped down on the couch next to Austin. Nick had left while I was asleep so it was just us now.

"So, Nick invited me to a party tonight," Austin said, sipping a Bud Light he had sitting on the table next to him. "Care if I go?"

"Of course not," I said, shrugging.

"I wanna go," Blaire said.

"Alright, it starts at-," Austin started.

"No," I cut him off. "You don't know any of those people and I don't want anything to happen to you."

"Okay, mom," she rolled her eyes at me. I didn't care, I just wasn't letting it happen.

After Austin left, Blaire and I went to get dinner. I had been hungry all day for some reason.

"I have been eating so much lately," I groaned as I bit into my burger I got.

"You pregnant?" Blaire joked. But I took it seriously.

"I took a pregnancy test," I said. "It came back negative."

"Have you been having any other symptoms of pregnancy? Vomiting, mood swings, your boobs getting bigger?" She asked me.

"Vomiting and mood swings, yeah," I nodded.

"Well, that pregnancy test could've been a dud," she sighed. I widened my eyes at her. What if?

"I'm pretty sure it's because I missed a period last month and my body is trying to catch up. It happens often," I shrugged.

"Yeah I know you have weird periods and whatnot," Blaire said. "But do you guys use any contraceptive?" She asked.

"No," I shook my head.

"Brooke! We've got to go to the store. And we're gonna buy more than one test," She told me. I agreed. I knew I wasn't actually pregnant.

When we finished eating, we paid and left to go to Target. We walked to the aisle with the tests and got three different brands.

"Okay, what time is it?" Blaire asked, holding them all.

"8:30," I replied.

"Think Austin has left yet?" She asked me.

"Yeah. Him, Nick, and Wesley went to eat and grab drinks before the party," I said, walking with her to the self-checkout.

"Good," She said, scanning them all. "We don't want him to freak out."

We got home finally and Blaire made me pee on all of the sticks. Some took longer to show the results than others so we just chilled on the bathroom floor until time to look.

"So, if these are positive, how are you going to feel?" She asked.

"I don't think they'll be positive. But I guess I won't mind," I shrugged. "At least I'm not in high school and my boyfriend isn't a fuck up."

"You're right. Ugh, I hope I'll be an Aunt soon," Blaire clapped her hands together.

"Shut up!" I hit her playfully. I knew Blaire was going to be the drunk aunt whether I had the baby in nine months or nine years.

"Okay, time to check," She said. She got up as I stayed sitting on the bathroom floor. Once she removed the caps, she looked at me. I didn't know what kind of look it was but it didn't seem like bad news.

She walked over to me with the three of them in her hand and I looked at them.

All three of them.

Positive.