Union of Souls

Zacznij od początku

Mehendi and Sangeet were being combined as we were already having two weddings. The evening turned out beautiful with two families mixing with each other. I marvelled at the animated gestures around me. Few days back there was so much of hue and cry over my choice, now looking at these faces no one can make out that they weren't ready to be a part of any of this. ''You look like a girl.'' Yash whispered ,watching the intricate design being done on my palms.

''You will soon will be  sure  about it when I will smash this on your face.'' I warned showing him the wet Heena bowl.

''Phew! I had almost started to believe that my bride got exchanged . I missed my fiery Reshu.''

''You mean you don't like this one?'' My question had a warning for him to think and respond. He lifted his palms in surrender, I smiled looking at his palms that displayed my name in deep heena colour. ''You got my name done.''

''Yes, and looking at the colour the lady said that my would be wife will love me more that anyone.'' He teased, I literally wanted to punch him for making that teasing face and on the other hand wanted to kiss him for writing my name on his palms.

''Well, I got it inked somewhere else too.'' He said with a smile

My eyes went wide when he placed a palm on his chest, ''Are you nuts, there was no need.''

''Hey, don't be mean. It's my Wife's name , why are you acting jealous.'' I was about to scold him when dead silence made me look around. Every single eye was on us. I guess, they heard me screaming on him. Like good kids we quickly created some distance and pretended that nothing happened, next moment the hall was filled with roaring laughter. Many teased and others thanked us for giving them a glimpse of our future life.

***

On the day of Nikah my heart thudded in anticipation, mom and Shikha got me ready for my big day. This was the first time in my life that I felt shy of lifting my lids up, may be this behavior is synonym to every bride. I was being bought to the hall where the marriage has to be performed, taking my place in the middle of all the females. A this translucent parting cloth separated us from the males and my groom. The kazi (priest) started the process to unite the two souls, when it was Yash's turn in excitement he said I do even before the priest could ask, making all laugh as his mother banged her head. The consents were being celebrated as we got the glimpse of each other in a mirror, and he winked.

Though, I was married. I was going to stay with my parents till the our second wedding was done. Next day we all flew to Delhi, where Yash's parents had already made a grand arrangement. Shikha got a lot of support from Neha and our other friends. Between flower and glitter shower , I took the seven vows with Yash again . Once the priest announced us man and wife, Yash did a pathetic dance celebrating the moment. His mom or I should say now my mom pulled me in a hug, she held me for long thanking profusely for bringing her son back. I watched my mother standing a distance watching me with emotional eyes. She looked convinced and relived that her daughter was in safe hands.

I got a grand welcome in Mathur house, my in laws looked more excited than my husband. I was in the owe the way house was decorated, the staff kept peeping over one and other to have a glimpse of me. Mom later introduced me to everyone, they all seemed too enthusiastic to prove me their loyalty. Mom shooed everyone away stating I was tired , she later walked me to my room , ''Now, I leave you here.'' She cupped my face and pecked my forehead. ''Bless you my girl.'' She turned to leave , then stopped. Yash walked up the stairs and gave his mom an arm hug, ''Good night mom''

''So you are asking me to get lost?''

''Don't start mom.''

''See, this is the issue with current generation. They forget mom once they get a wife.'' I pressed my lips as mom started torturing impatient Yash.

''What do you want Mom?''

''There, I want to talk to Reshu for whole night.'' She replied her arms crossed, I couldn't hold further and burst out laughing. Yash looked from her to me, ''You guys planned this, didn't you?''

Mom pulled his cheeks, ''Baby this was spontaneous, the day we plan you will be cleaned bold.'' He just rolled his eyes. Mom wished us again. ''And by the way Reshu, you no more have to sneak into his room late in the night. You have all the rights.'' With a wink she walked off. I wanted earth to swallow me, she was aware that during my stay I would often sneak into Yash's room.

''All you fault.'' Stomping I walked in

''No, you can't be upset tonight. Let's postponed this upset session to tomorrow.'' He said in a serious tone.

My jaw dropped, I actually didn't knew what to tell him. I opened then closed my mouth, he held my chin between my fingers, ''Its an amazing feeling everytime I shut you up.'' That made me smile.

His arms went around my waist as he pulled me against his chest, ''Since we have me announced man and wife twice, I will now have the privilege to kiss my bride..'' My heart jumped, his wife. He was mine and forever. My lips parted as his leaned closer and just then , ''SURPRISE!!!!''

We jumped apart to find our cruel evil friends standing in each corner of the room. ''What the hell are you guys doing here?''

''I always had a curiosity to watch Resh romancing, so I crashed your wedding night'' Neha said as if I was romantically challenged human . Yash eyes went to Vivek, ''Oh! I came because she came.'' He shifted all blame on his wife.

''I was being lured'' That came for Yash's childhood friend . Finally it was Shikha, she sucked her cheeks in, ''I just came to hand you guys the bill of my services. No money, no night.''

Yash took a deep breath and started searching for something. ''What are you looking for?'' Asked SHikha

''Its time to take a flight, if he finds what he is looking for we will get broken...'' Vivek's words died as Yash spanked the racket on his bum. ''Hey man, that wasn't my plan. You know I am a good boy.'' He kept running round with Yash in tow. He tried escaping but Yash would give him a way out, finally they got a way out as I held Yash in one place. Once they left we heard a roaring laughter realising mom dad too were the part of the plan. I couldn't control and laughed, he looked so cute with that anger of his, ''Yash, calm down''

''They don't understand. How long I waited for this one day, how scared I have been that you would reject me. I had nightmares about you being married and your kids addressing me as uncle.'' That made me roll with laughter. He joined me throwing his back next to me on the bed, ''I took time Resh, I am sorry. But you were my only love, MY LAST LOVE.''

I watched him with emotional eyes, ''Thanks for finding me.''

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next would be epilogue. Do drop in your views and comments