A Lot Like Love

Reshu

''Are you disturbed about something or you are born insensitive'' Shikha asked, no taunted me the moment I entered the room. I didn't understand what she meant, walking past her I threw my back on the bed. ''Reshu, you shouldn't have invited him if you had to act this way''

That made me sit up; ''What are you talking'' She gave me a are you kidding me look; ''Really? there was no meeting. You just didn't wanted to be home with him , so you dragged me along and when we got back he welcome us with awesome dinner. What did you do ? You didn't even appreciate his effort properly . Why did you think he is here? for me ? for those 6 years? No, he is here for you just you and you are so blind to all of it''

I had no reply or argument in my favour, I behaved like a jerk. But I don't know why, I turn conscious  around him. His eyes seems to be boring into my skin . It appears as if he is able to see all going inside me. But this explanation isn't enough to justify my behaviour. I feel so vulnerable and weak. I feel all walls crumbling around him. Right now I am too confused about my changed behaviour around him. ''Say some something'' Shikha sounded angry. We heard the opening and then closing of main door and Shikha gave me a stern look  , huffing I got up and threw a sweat shirt over my head; ''Now where are you going'' she asked with a dangerous frown on her forehead 

''To correct the wrong I did. Don't wait for me'' As I walked out she screamed ; ''You can sleep in your room I won't mind'' she spoke laughing aloud, Groaning I left my house and took the route to the beach, I know he would have gone there. 

There were many people around, taking their after dinner walk. Some tourist sat in group drinking and enjoying the sea breeze. Searching for some time I found him standing with his arms crossed over his chest and eyes fixed on dark waves. ''Mind some company'' His body shook and he turned towards me; ''I don't do you'' I knew what he meant. Lowering my eyes  took a step towards him; ''Sorry Yash, I don't know why I behaved that way''

''You aren't comfortable with me staying at your place. I get it Resh, you don't have to be so guilty'' I stared at him for a while, was is really thinking about leaving. I cursed myself; ''Yash I am sorry, I don't know what got into me. I am sorry, please don't leave''

He stepped back; ''I don't want to, but making you uncomfortable in your own house. That's wrong'' taking a step forward I folded my hands; ''I said I am sorry, then why are you acting pricey''

"I don't want to lose you Resh. I feel somewhere you don't ant me around. May be you couldn't forgive me'' I don't have more words to convince him, he looks hurt. What have I done. Holding my ears I went on my knees; ''You are the first and last human I am apologising to. Now you better get convinced or you are dead'' he threw his head back and laughed, he gestured me to get up. I did with a sullen face, he pulled me in a bear hug; ''you are one of a kind. There is no one like you anywhere on the earth'' My arms went around his waist. It feels so good to be held this way.I know I am attracted to him and this could result in a heart break. But why worry about the future when present is so beautiful why worry about future. A smiled made its way to my lips and I allowed myself to bury in those strong arms. ''Are you in a hurry to go home'' I just nodded, he smile and took my hand in his walking along the beach. 

We kept talking and didn't knew when time flew off, the place had turned lonely. Other than few drunken tourist there was no one. Yash stood  watching me with an adoring smile on his face as I kept blabbering god know what. But I went on and on, his smile was so enchanting that I felt I would do anything for that one smile. ''Hey beautiful...wanna come'' some called from behind. When I turned , there stood a drunken man leering at us. ''looks like he is of no use. Come along'' Shaking my head I just ignored him. ''Lets go back Resh, its late ' wrapping an arm around my shoulder he walked off with me. The man followed us with stumbling steps , we wanted to avoid any kind of confrontation so we picked up the pace. But he kept on following us like a shadow. Suddenly Yash turned and his punch landed on the face of the man; ''Stay where you are or you will lose your limbs'' The man fell on his back holding his jaw, he kept on mumbling something before falling flat. Yash grabbed my arm and practically dragged me along. Once we were in, he left my arm and dashed into his room without a single  word. I stood dumbfound for a second and then I followed him; ''What was that? Since when you started punching random people?''

''Resh you should go and sleep'' He stood with his back to be , moving forward I gripped his arm and turned him around with a jerk; ''Now what's wrong?'' But words died as my eyes fell on his clenched jaw and tight fist. ''Yash, calm down'' I have never seen him this angry, gently pushing him to sit on the bed , I sat infront of him; ''Deep breath'' he closed his eyes for a moment and then opened them to look straight into mine. My heart fluttered , it seemed I was the only object his eyes desired was me. My reflection in those brown orbs looked extraordinary, something which made my cheek heat up. My reflection never looked so beautiful in any mirror till date. I couldn't look away and kept staring in those endless pool for don't know how long . His palm cupped my cheek and I shivered; ''you don't deserve any kind of misbehaviour. All you deserve is respect'' That moment I felt as if god had bestowed all his blessings on me, placing my palm on his over my cheek I smiled; ''Thanks''

Holding my face between his palms he pecked my forehead; ''Welcome sweet heart!!! No go and sleep. Its my office time , I will see you in morning '' In response, I just smiled but in reality I didn't wanted to go. I wanted to stay and stare at myself in those eyes. But he had to work, nodding once I walked out. My feet again froze at the door, I wished he asked me to stay back for some more time; ''Yash what are doing tomorrow'' I know he had nothing to do, all his plans worked around me , but I didn't wanted to sound desperate .

''Depends on you Resh, my days are yours and Nights belong to April'' I frowned ; ''Who is April''

''She is my colleague and friend in US. we work in Same team. Amazing girl'' He spoke with his eyes on the laptop screen.Dose he like her ? do they a relationship ? Is is beautiful and attractive  I wish April falls in a puddle on her face. Wait why am I making such vague wishes? I don't even know her. My eyes went to Yash again , he seemed glued to his work. I decided to leave him alone, closing the door a little my legs moved to the room and then halted. I decided to make him a cup of coffee, smiling at my decision I change the direction to kitchen. I decided to make 2, who knows he might ask me to give him a company. With a broad smile and lot of enthusiasm I made two cups of coffee and walked back to his room but his voice halted my steps

''How many times should I tell you I am not interested and stop calling back'' Their was a silence and then he spoke again; ''you are a married woman for heaven sake and even if you weren't married stop calling me Namrata'' I don't know what happened but each nerve of my body was bursting with anger . Barging in I kept the tray on the coffee table and snatched the phone; ''Who so ever you are, listen to me loud and clear , Yash is not interested in you because he loves someone else.

''I am his first he will never forget me honey'' Her voice was angry, well too bad for her . I am very good at handling such people; ''Guess what he already has. Otherwise why would he be here with me at this hour of night. Isn't that clear? Just back off'' With aggression I disconnected and when my eyes met his, there was adoration and mischief in them; ''So why am I here with you at this hour of night Resh?'' he asked tongue in cheek , I knew he was teasing me. Lifting my chin up I replied; ''Don't act smart , I was just doing a friends job'' He laughed and I blushed . We shared a cup of coffee with many smiles and I was thankful he didn't push.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next- She opens her hear and first kiss