The Man On The Mission

Yash

I am excited about spending time with Resh. This one month I will treat her like a queen and slowly make her realize that we are made to be one. Why didn't I realize that it was always her ? Why did I take so much time? What if Reshu is not on same plain and she rejects me. A sudden fear gripped my heart , holding my head in my palms I tried getting rid of all the stupid thoughts that came to my head; ''All good son?''

Lifting my head up I saw dad standing at the door, I gave him a weak smile. He understood, Dad took a place next to me; ''Why worry on something you have no control on, give your best shot Son. Tell her with your gestures that what she means to you, be honest and things will fall in place''

''Dad!! I am just too scared. What if I lose her friendship too'' finally I confessed upon my fears. He smiled; ''what if she accepts ? Look Yash, every effort result has a 50/50 chance to happen till we put our heart and soul to it. You have your heart already there , bear your soul to her now'' Simply nodding I hugged my old man, whatever mess I had been in my life , my parents stood by me like a rock. Dad rubbed my back; ''By the way you have your school get together today, you should get ready or Imran will turn your life around'' after a pause we laughed, Imaran still lives in British era. If he has to reach somewhere by 5 PM he will make sure he reaches there by 4:45. As predicted he was already there screaming my name. I shared a laugh with dad before walking to the hall to greet my childhood buddy.

A feel of nostalgia hit me hard as I stood outside the building of my school, this is the place where foundation of my future was laid. I had spent some of my best moments here. There is something about your school, looking back it always brings smile to your faces. It was a union of 3 batches , I met my seniors , super seniors and my classmates. It was so amazing looking at all acquaintances , many were working with top-notch companies and some had decided to be their own boss. We relived the past laughing at some off our teenage goof ups , memories and shared what we had been doing for so long. It was amazing to go back in time and relive those moments again. I stood with my old group having a general discussion when Namrata walked in; ''Hi guys, long time''

The group went silent for a minute, all knew what had happened all those years back. They know I am not comfortable around her. Hence, most of them never spoke about her in my presence . Amit looked at me once and I decided to excuse myself, waving at one of my seniors I walked off. Somehow I cannot bear her even for a fraction of a second. Greeting few more known faces , I moved out of the hall to have some silence. I enjoy silence , it's the time where all I can think if of my Resh, her cute anger and her threats . Since, I have told her about visiting her , she had been messaging me the list of plans she has for me. I smiled recalling her child like excitement , in reality I am no better. I have been crossing dates on calendar , all anxious to spend time with my soul mate.

Soul Mate, yes she is that for me. She is the only one I could bare my soul too. Someone ,who had seen and stood by me in my worse. She is the only one , who pointed out my faults in cruellest possible way. Yet she was there to sooth my pain. ''I was looking for you''

''Why so'' I replied irritated, she is now getting on to my nerves. I could hear the tingling sound of her metal bangles, she was moving closer to me; ''Stop there and now'' turning around I locked my eyes with her; ''Why are you bothering me''

''because I love you and I know you love me too'' Namrata replied absolutely sure. A mock scoff escaped my throat; '' How many guy's love do you need to satisfy your ego Namrata''Her eyes burned in rage; ''Are you calling me a slut''

''I didn't even mention the word, its you who is adorning title to yourself'' I replied sipping my drink. ''I made a mistake, I agree. But that doesn't make me a slut''