Heart to Heart

Reshu

''Looks like someone has pinned your lips to your ears, Why are you smiling so much?'' Shikha asked annoyed. I Stared at her, was she really annoyed or was trying to pull my leg; ''I am happy, simple''

''Why are you happy'' She inquired. ''We are doing good in business , that's why'' Shikha rolled her eyes; ''Really? We did best last month. Its dull this month as compared to that''

''So, even during low festivities we are doing good. That makes me happy'' I seriously don't know why am I giving her reasons. She smiled; ''Or I should say this is because of Yash''

I shifted on my chair gaining my stern posture and suddenly she started laughing; ''Resh , admit it. You are happy that he is here. Why so much drama'' I opened and then closed my mouth like a fish, yes I was excited and happy about spending my time with Yash. My heart seems to be singing its own melody, it's a kind of feeling which I can't express in words.

''He will be moving in here after 2 days'' Shikha slipped hearing me, she stared at me and that made me shift uncomfortably; ''Moving in as in?''

''He is here for a month. I thought why should he be spending in a hotel, so I invited him'' I was so confident of my reply but her smile made me fidgety again. ''Why do you care for his money? Let him spend and What will he do for a month in Goa?''

''He is my friend , no best friend and he is here to spend time with me'' Shikha rolled her eyes; ''Fine, keep him in your room'' Shikha had shifted in with me on my request, we worked together for more than 18 hrs and then she would drive for an hour to her PG. One day she was being chased by a group of drunken guys and that's when I decided to make her shift in.

''I will give him my room and sleep in yours'' this was my plan, she gave me a are you kidding me look; ''Resh, I can't sleep with you. Our tastes differs plus I am straight''  I realized after a minute what she meant and she was awarded with a pillow on her face. Shikha crashed next to me with a roaring laughter ; ''Resh you are so cute , jokes apart why did you invite him to stay here. Will your parents like it ?''

She was right, I don't know why but I invited him to stay at my place. Mom would be furious , but who would tell them . I smiled; ''How will my parents know about it ? ''

''What if they give a surprise visit'' I don't understand why is this girl planting seeds of doubt in my mind. I chewed my nails thinking about what she said. What if my parents do decide to give me a surprise visit . But they haven't in so many years, they always inform me a month or two before coming here. I felt calm , but again Mr. doubt hammered my head. What if they decided to ? Thinking for a minute I smiled; ''Then I will tell them he is your brother''

Shikha made a face as if I have put a curse on her future generations; ''Why my brother, why not yours?'' Now curse seemed to have bounced back on me , Yash brother - all seems so wrong; ''Because he can be anybody's brother except mine. Now stop asking stupid questions . Please, its just a matter of a month, will you let me stay with you''

Shikha kept smiling and then she laughed; ''Hope you know why he cannot be your brother. Anyways invite him in , I am looking forward to some entertainment'' With a squeal I jumped on her , pushing both of us on the hard floor. Shikha groaned; ''this is why I don't want to share room or bed with you.'' In return she got a long wet peck on her cheek, making her scream like a witch from a b grade horror flick.

***

Evening I got dressed into a cotton romper, twirling infront of the full length mirror appreciating  my look. Will Yash like it ? What am I thinking he my friend just friend. My thoughts broke with Yash's message ; 'What time are you reaching here'  Smiling I replied , I decided to opt for my bike today. During our college days Yash would often take me for a ride on his bike, today I will return the favour.