Missing Each Other

Yash

For next few days Namrata crossed my path quite often . It seemed as if she followed me, but who cares. She was like a forgotten memory...'Is she' reasoned my rational mind...yes I am confident . I answered strong ..'then why her presence annoys you' May be because she betrayed me...'no because you still hold the grudge..move on Yash'

I decided it was high time, that time I never got a chance to have a closure...let me have it now. But now the question is how to approach her...as far as I know our families don't look eye to eye and why would they. The wound is still a fresh

That year we had too many extra classes. Our school was very particular on board results. Students' teachers had the equal pressure on their head. Me and Namrata would usually come and go together. That day we didn't, Imran had invited me on lunch with Amit. He had been too excited on the birth of his niece...all these years he had been the youngest. Now, there was someone else. I still remember the day when Imran gave us the news of his niece's birth since that day he would just rant about her tiny hands her squeals...He was desperate to show her around. Hence, me and Amit decided impromptu to visit his house...plus Imran had mentioned seviyaan (dessert) being prepared by his mom which I couldn't have missed for a thing. I had informed Namrata on the same, my only mistake I didn't inform my parents.

After leaving from Imran 's place me and Amit too parted ways....I wanted sometime alone to refresh my mind. I always used to that before picking up a tricky subject. A day after we had a 2 hrs mathematics class scheduled and I wanted to be prepared. I decided to go to India Gate for evening.

I enjoyed here, watching people with their families...its kind of a stress buster. It had started turning dark well it was Feb and days were still shorter. Picking up my bad I kick started my bike riding home in a happy mood. My second mistake I didn't check my mobile the whole time after the school..

After parking my bike in the garage I took the door opening to the lobby...I could hear discussion no debate or I should say quarrel. The decibels were high...that was Namarata and my dad screaming at each other. As I moved up the stairs the voices got louder..I couldn't imagine what went wrong . Once upstairs I broke the confrontation ; ''Dad what's wrong'' Before I could comprehend my face stung with the tight slap I received from Namrata's dad....I was shocked . My parents had never raised their hand on me...I never gave them the reason to . ''Dare you touch my son'' came my dad's growling voice...My Mom immediately came to my side protectively ...Awasthi Uncle aka Namrata's dad growled; ''had you given him good values we all would have been saved from this day''

I didn't know for what I was being punished for ...my eyes scanned the people present there. Namrata was sitting on one of the chairs with her head hung low and her mother was continuously rubbing her back....''what did I do...'' I screamed. Awasthi uncle turned murderous ..glaring at me he poked my chest hard with his finger; ''you mislead my innocent daughter and when she got pregnant you tried getting the abortion done in a cheap clinic risking her life....and now you dare to ask what you have done'' The pain of that slap was nothing compared to what I felt now....I loved her but I wasn't a cheap manipulating guy...I knew my limits...what hurt me most that my best friend ...my first love cheated on me and upon that she is blaming me for her misdeeds....I glared at her waiting for her to look up..she didn't. I felt cheated , stabbed, used...my life felt like a shit.Her father kept jerking me holding my shirt blabbering but my pain turned me deaf...he slapped me again and then again..my mom intervened and he pushed her that was it....I was tall for my age then..holding his hands I pushed him ...he fell on his back; ''ask your daughter who she had been she sleeping with because its definitely not me...''

''How dare you'' growled Mrs Awasthi ...but I had enough; ''How dare ???I...your daughter was my girl friend till the minute your husband slapped me before hearing my side of story...but I have never laid a finger on her'' I could see Namrata shivering