Mind Vs Heart

Yash

I don't know why Reshu invited me to stay with her.Did she just blurt the invitation without giving a thought or she meant it? Whatever was the reason, I felt happy that she invited me in. I wanted some way to be close to her and now stars conspired to smoothed my way. Picking the receiver I asked the reception to clear my bill, I just have 28 more days to convince Resh completely.

***

''Welcome Yash'' Resh greeted me with a big smile, but surprisingly she didn't hug me. There was a wide smile on her face, yet she never met my eyes. Was she regretting inviting me here ? The thought bought the mercury of excitement down by many degrees. Should I ask her if she was having seconds thoughts about offering me the stay at her house? 'Yes dumb ass go ahead and lose the chance to be with her 24/7' My conscious can be really brutal at times, still for me her comfort was the priority; ''Resh I don't want to be imposed, if you are not comfortable having me around I'll go back to my hotel'' She stared at me for few seconds; ''Have I expressed any such thing or asked you to leave?'' I just shook my head, she crossed her arms over her chest and gave me a stern look; ''Then why you had to ask me such a stupid question'' I didn't knew how to reply that, should I tell her eyes and body language gave her discomfort away. But I decided to stay quiet, Resh isn't the girl to mess with. Giving her a tight smile I decided to change the topic; ''will you please guide me to my room'' She gave a tough glance, before turning on the left ; ''This one is yours. Opposite side dead end is the kitchen, you can cook for yourself and us too. ''

''Why would I cook? I am a guest here'' Next second I knew that it was a wrong statement to make, she turned around with a hand on her hip; ''Guest ? Really who told you that ?'' Before I could answer she silenced me with her raised palm. ''Had you been a guest , I would have dumped you in the hall with a make shift bed and which guest lasts for a month?'' I kept my forefinger on my lips, there is no way I am starting any discussion with this girl, she gave me a winning smirk.

Moving my around I took a good look at the room, 3 walls were painted in off white and one in bright lemon yellow. There was a book shelf and a Salman Khan poster with a bare torso I smiled, this has to be her room. The smile on lips turned into a grin relalizing she gave her room to me, she thought about my convenience. I felt happy. No Happy is a small word I was on cloud nine. I did a small celebration twirling on one leg and then halted looking at the door. Shikha stood there with a smirk on her lips and her arms folded to chest, smiling she mimicked my small celebration; ''I know the reason behind that dance. What do you think should we include Resh too?'' She pretended calling out for Resh

My eyes widen in shock; ''No, please I beg'' I literally pleaded her. She laughed and took the chair; ''Why are you beating around the bush? Just confess''

''If it was as easy as said'' I replied with a huff. ''She will accept, trust me'' I stared at her, she smiled; ''Resh has never been this happy about having someone around. Since the day she saw your mail she has been different. Kind of dreamy and lost in her own world''

''That dosen't prove she is in love with me'' I countered her statement. Shikha shook her head; ''You proved that guys are certified Idiots. When you have the right one, you go about chasing the waste and when you realize your feelings for the right one , you pee your pants''

I blinked; ''hey I never peed my pants'' She gave me a are you kidding me look; ''Of course you haven't . Since your birth you have been a gentleman'' Now why this one is angry; ''What did I do to rile you up''

Her eyes turned serious; ''I have known her for 5 yrs Yash, we started as adversaries. We hated each other. But she is the only person I have admired and hated equally. She is honest and good at heart . We were a part of same organisation Yash, we competed against each other. She was like a fire ready to take on anything or everything, but that was when she was at work. '' Shikha walked to the window; ''I have seen her Yash, during the breaks when people would crowd to gossip, she would just take a lonely corner trying a number restlessly''