Looking Back

Yash 

Moving out of the airport I took a deep breath, 6 years... after 6 long years I am back in this town...my home town...the place I left to leave my pain behind....I had pledged never to step here again...whenever my parents asked me to visit....I just would make an excuse of work and in-turn would call them to US...but today is different...I don't care what pain ...which memory huts me back...I am here to make a new one...to find the one who changed my life...Reshu...

I took a cab to Dwarka ...as the driver drove along the roads of Delhi...I replayed my memories ...each place each spot had its own story...these are the roads I walked and drove along with Namrata ....my first Love...

Namrata grew up with me...we were friends neighbours and classmates...we went to same school...her parents were friends with mine...I was bought up to be a good human being...and I tried my best to be one. But as you grow up you learn to be cool...someone with attitude personality ...looks because that defines your popularity and your cool quotient  ...I was no different but made sure that I didn't hurt anyone intentionally....I was 15 then , the most popular boy of my school and for past 2 years me and Namrata had been real close...I liked her ....she shared all her problems and issues with me....my mother was aware of my feelings for her and asked me to give myself and her sometime....I felt she was right....this could be just an infatuation...but somewhere I was sure.....what I felt was more than just attraction...and then the unexpected happened....that day we had our extra classes scheduled after the usual school hours ...our pre boards were due in 2 months and there was lot in syllabus to be covered...I was busy fooling around with my best buddies in the corridor when Namrata approached me...; ''Can we talk for a minute'' she whispered ....my friends Imran and Jatin gave me naughty grin.....I tapped Imran's head playfully before following Namrata....The school was empty ...it was just high and senior high students in the building....we moved across few giggling girls and jealous eyes...Namrata stepped into a vacant classroom...I followed her; ''What??? why we had to come this far to talk'' I questioned her.....before I could understand her lips were on mine.....she was kissing me....after few seconds even I responded...wrapping my arms around her waist...she held my face between her palms. It felt amazing...my first kiss and with the girl who meant ..we felt each other for few minutes before moving apart....with our foreheads against each other...we absorbed the silence...; ''Yash....I think I am in love with you.....do you feel the same'' She whispered holding my face ... watching her crimson face...I realized yes I did...she meant a lot to me...she was just not my crush but also my best friend...we understood each other....I felt a sense of responsibility towards her and now this feeling took me to another world...cupping her face I pecked her forehead; ''I do...since days...but wasn't sure what your felt '' She smiled and then grinned....; ''Now you know...we will always be together....do you promise''....and I did...  ''Sir we have reached'' My trance was broken by the cab driver..paying him off....I stood outside my house for few seconds....Namrata's family still lived next to us...but we are no more friends ....I thought my heart would pain with the memories of hers ... but it didn't ....throwing my bag over my shoulder I walked to the main entrance...the guard gaped at me...yes I am surprising them...; ''How are you old man'' hugging him I smiled at the man who was more of a family than staff to me...he smiled and quickly pushed the large iron gates....walking in I stepped into the house....the cook stood frozen...; ''I will explain...where is Mom'' he pointed towards the terrace...still shocked....smiling I ran towards the stairs...there on the terrace was the world's most beautiful woman...my mom..Chhaya Mathur...and opposite to her was  my dad  the retired Supreme Court Judge Jayant mathur as usual buried in the news paper...I took my shoes off and tip toed covering my mom's eyes...she touched my hands which covered her eyes; ''Oh my God...'' Dad peeped folding a corner of the newspaper...pulling my hands off her eyes Mom stood up staring at me...I smiled; ''what ma ...can't take eyes of me....I know I am good..''  She pulled me into a big hug; ''Yash.....I still can't believe you are here...but suddenly all good'' her sudden cheerful voice gained a tinge of doubt....wrapping my arm around her I spoke; ''Mom ...all is good...no just very good....I am here to leave my past behind...and embrace my future.....''