Chapter 31

Heather's POV

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. I got ready in my chambers with Brianna and my mother. I put on my white gown with green embellishments. I put on my helmet that loki had given me for my birthday.

"You look amazing," mother smiled.

"Thanks mom," I said. I have butterflies in my stomach.

"What's wrong dear?" she asked.

"What if he changes his mind?" I sighed.

"He won't... he's never loved anyone nearly as much as he loves you." she smiled.

"I see the way he looks at you" Brianna cut in "just filled with love and amazement." I smiled as tears of joy trickled down my cheeks.

"Thanks guys," I chuckled. Finally it was time to walk down the aisle to the man who waited, the man who loved me for me. The music began and I took my fathers arm. We drifted down the aisle perfectly in sync. Loki took my hand and smiled at Odin.

"We are gathered here today to join these two people who are in love..." Heimdall began. I decided to have him officiate the ceremony because he was like a second father to me. Eventually it was time for the vows. I took a deep breath.

"Loki..... even after all those years apart, we found our way back to each other. I always felt like a part of me was missing, but now... with you... I feel like I'm whole again. I love you more than I could ever put into words," I smiled. A single tear fell from my eye and he wiped it away gently.

"Heather.... you have been through so much in your life. You've fought through it all and came out a stronger person. I admire your strength, your courage, and your willingness to love others who are not deserving of it. Why you chose me I will never understand, but I will accept it and make sure to cherish you for as long as I shall live. I love you more than anything in all of the nine realms." He told me. For a second it seemed like we were the only two people there.

"You may now kiss your bride," Heimdall smiled. Loki kissed me more passionately than ever; and in that moment, I swore that everything would be okay.