Chapter 30

Heather's POV

Loki requested to see me after dinner out on the patio. I grabbed a cloak from my room and went out. His back was turned to me so I wrapped my arms around him from behind. My head was just under his shoulder blades. He turned around and wrapped his arms around me.

"I missed you," he kissed my head.

"We just had dinner together," I laughed.

"I know, but I still missed you," he smiled. He pulled away and pulled up a seat for me.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Oh yes of course," he said quickly. He paced around for a few minutes as I watched him.

"Loki, what's going on?" I questioned.

"Um okay well I have some things I want to tell you. first being that I love you. you have truly made me a better man and you make me happier than anything else in the mine realms. I may be a frost giant but you look past my faults and love me for me. Being with you is like being in Valhalla. so with that being said.... will you marry me?" he inquired getting down on one knee. Tears filled my eyes and I couldn't speak. He held up a beautiful ring in front of me. It sparkled in the moonlight.

"Yes Loki of course," I sobbed happily. He placed it on my finger and kissed me.

"You've just made me the luckiest man alive." He smiled. I held him tight and admired my ring. "It was forged from the best star diamonds that we have to offer. Made from ancient stardust."

"It's perfect, just like you," I smiled. He returned my smile and kissed my cheek.

"Shall we go announce it to everyone?" he asked. I nodded and took his hand. We found Brianna and Thor in the garden and when we told them, they nearly crushed me to death in hugs. Brianna threatened Loki that if he hurt me that she would kill him slowly and painfully. Father and mother were more than overjoyed to hear of our engagement.

"Oh how wonderful," mother smiled. "We shall have a big and glorious wedding,"

"Actually mother, I was thinking of something small, with family and friends," I told her. Her smile shrunk slightly but didn't disappear.

"Whatever you want my dear," father smiled. Loki and I went back to his chambers so we could stargaze together.

"I love you so much," I smiled.

"I love you more," he laughed.

"I don't think that's possible," I stuck my tongue out.

"A silver tongue of your own I see," he smirked.

"I learn from the best," I chuckled. He kissed me as a star shot by up above. Life has changed so much, and for the better.