Chapter 17- The party

Heather's POV

I got ready for the party in my chambers. I changed back into my party gown and put on some light makeup. I wasn't sure if I should wear his helmet or not. I heard my door open and someone come in. I turned to see Loki.
"You didn't even knock" I laughed.
"So?" he smirked.
"Come for your helmet I suppose?" I asked. He nodded. I handed it to him and he put it on. He looked so good in his full armor. I must have been staring because he chuckled.
"I do have a gift for you though, I think you may like it," he smiled.
"Oh Loki you didn't have to," I sighed. I'm so awkward when receiving gifts. "Oh but i did" he laughed. He made me close my eyes while he got something from outside my door. "Open". I opened my eyes and gasped. He was holding a helmet, like his own but smaller, and it has an emerald in the middle. "So you won't have to steal mine" he chuckled.
"I did not steal it, I won it," I smirked. "Loki it's amazing,"
"I'm glad you like it," he smiled. I put it on and it matched my dress perfectly.
"I love it," I whispered into his ear when I hugged him. He gave me a tight squeeze and smiled. He took my hand and opened my door.
"May I escort you to the party?" he asked.
"Duhh," I laughed. He rolled his eyes and smiled. Frigga hugged me and then Odin.
"Happy birthday my child," he said.
"Thank you father," I replied. I held Loki's arm and waited for our entrance. Mother and father went first, then Thor and Brianna, then Loki and myself. It seemed that mother invited all of the nine realms, but I think it was just Asgard. I smiled and waved as politely as I could. People cheered and smiled. My mother really knows how to throw a party. We sat at our table overlooking the rest of the hall.
"Would you like to dance?" Thor asked Brianna. She looked at me and I smirked.
"She would love to," I answered for her. Thor grabbed her hand and took her to the dance floor. Loki smiled at me and looked towards the dance floor. He got up and reached for my hand.
"No, oh no I don't dance," I laughed.
"Just follow my lead," he winked. He lifted me from my chair and brought me to the dance floor. He placed me in front of him and we took our position. I'm truly a terrible dancer. Brianna and Thor seemed like they were having fun, moving perfectly in sync. Loki started moving and I tried following. It wasn't all that terrible but people started to stare. He smiled down at me and kissed my forehead.
"You're a divine dancer," I complimented.
"You're not so bad yourself birthday girl," he smiled. Mother looked truly pleased and was smiling to herself, almost like she knew something we didn't. I smiled at her and continued to dance. The music stopped and we all looked towards Odin. He motioned for me to join him and I did.
"Tonight, we celebrate the return and the birthday of my daughter. what a brave young woman she has grown to be. I am proud to be her father and I cannot wait to see where life takes her.... Daughter, this is for you," he said handing me a staff that has jewels dangling from the end. "Heimdall helped me find it. I hope you like it," he smiled.
"It's gorgeous father, thank you. and I will be sure to thank Heimdall," I winked, for I know he was watching. Father smoothly ran his hand over the staff and the jewels lit up. A fog appeared and I saw what looked like Migard. My jaw dropped.
"Now you can see like Heimdall," father smiled. The fog disappeared and people were staring. Thor came up and gave me his gift next. It was a golden rose, the rarest, and never died. Brianna got me a necklace, for which she had the partner. 'Best friends' it said. I smiled at her. Frigga handed me the crown from her head.
"Looks like youre not in need of a head piece, but i want to entrust you with this," she smiled. Loki came up and I looked confused. He already gave me a gift. He handed me a small box. Inside it was a charm bracelet. A diamond heart that represented the Jotun roots of ice, a replica helmet that matched ours, a golden Pegasus, and small stars all around. A tear slipped from my eye and he wiped it away.
"Loki...." I whispered. He nodded and kissed my hand. I slid on the bracelet and Brianna's necklace. The party recommenced and people had such a fun time. I saw Brianna and Thor sitting close together in a corner, all cozy. I smiled at them. Loki watched me from the dance floor as he danced with the warriors three. Asgardians really know how to party. I twirled my bracelet in admiration. I really need to thank him for this..