ECLIPSE CHILD 25.5

The events of this chapter take place in the story Eclipse Child between chapters 25 and 26

***

I taste him, and I realize

I have been starving. 

***

Suddenly I'm off him, a small yell leaving me as he lifts me from his lap. The covers surround me as I'm dropped abruptly onto the bed.

"Fine."

"What?"

I look up in bewilderment, my confusion stopped to watch as he crawls toward me, a predatory gleam within his eyes.

"Orion..." I back away, hitting the headboard of the bed just as he pulls himself above me, his arms and legs blocking me in. The roles have been reversed.

"Teach me."

A ringing noise fills my ears as heat collects everywhere in my body.

"Are you sure?" I whisper.

In response to my question, his rises to his knees, pulling his shirt off and tossing the material behind.

"What's first?"

Oh. So, he was really expecting a lesson.

"Come here."

He moves to me. At that moment it hits me how he moved so much like a wolf. It showed, even more, when he was on all fours like this, crawling towards me. His eyes gleamed like they would on a hunt. And that's when it came to me how I could teach him.

"How do you hunt?" He pauses, his head angled to the side as he thinks.

I know what he is going to say. Satisfaction rolls through me when he whispers, "I study my prey."

I fall on my back, "So study."

His eyebrows scrunch in confusion as he moves his body to hold it over mine. Slowly he leans down, letting his nose fall against my neck. I close my eyes and reach for the hem of my shirt. Cautiously, so as to not startle him, I raise it.

I open my eyes to find grey examining me. Looking at the flesh I've revealed.

He sits back, straddling, but still holding his weight. It's enough to make me feel him, pressing against me. My hands curl around the covers, resisting the urge to move my hips up to meet him halfway.

Those fingers- the rough coarseness of his skin- go down, continuing to move along my arm. They stop at random, tracing the scars that outline my skin. They jump suddenly to my stomach. I inhale sharply taken by surprise at the change in direction. He pauses, his eyes narrowing in thought as he examines my reaction.

Slowly he presses against my stomach, his hand spreading a heat through me.

Up or down, up or down.

Which way will they go next?

"May I?" His hand stills at my bra. I arch my back, grinning in victory when my hips collide with his. He grunts, but still moves to unclasp.

Suddenly I sit up.

"Wait I can get it."

My sudden movement has me pressing against him, both of us sitting up. We are only inches apart, our faces so close. He registers my panic, his eyes flickering to my shoulders before I see the click of understanding.

"Soraya, be still."

I try to move away, breaking his command.

His hand shoots out, stopping my action.

"Please?"

I freeze.

Slowly he leans in, his fingers crawling behind me. I can't help but laugh when they fumble with the clasp. Frustration rises on his face, but it's replaced with victory as he holds the bra triumphantly in the air.

"Well done," I said sarcastically.

He doesn't answer and instead pushes off me, letting his hands fall on my shoulders to turn me around. I hesitate before lying on my stomach. My cheeks heat, but not with the desire that is consuming the rest of my body. Shame.

He had seen my back before and the uneven, twisted mess that it was. Now though, with his eyes staring boldly at the faded scars and sick skin, I didn't feel very confident as a mate.

But I should have known Orion better. He leans in, kissing the disfigured pattern.

"Orion..."

He shakes his head, looking up at me. I can read all to well what he is trying to say.

So instead I lay back down, gasping when his tongue traces the uneven edges of scars. I bite my lower lip, trying to stop the sounds that were threatening to escape.

Maybe it wasn't something you taught.

Maybe you just knew.

His teeth rake along my back, his body pressing against mine as I bury my head deeper into the covers. His hips rock from behind me, his movement increasing and increasing, the bare skin of his chest scraping with my skin. Suddenly I'm raised, standing on my knees as a low growl comes from Orion.

He's going so fast. So fast that I can barely keep up, my breath gasping with his as he grabs my chin from behind, lifting my head to have better access to my neck.

"Ah..."

It's still clumsy. His kisses are sloppy and wet, eager and excited. They remind me of a teenage boy, but with Orion, the sensation of his tongue rolling along my skin as his chest presses against me and hips roll into mine- inferno.

I gasp each time he drives his erection against my ass, the pressure building against me.

Damn clothes, who needed clothes?

He whispers no sweet words. Nothing of beauty or feeling leaves his mouth. Orion was not a male who spoke words to show how he felt. He did it through action.

My mind collapses at how abrupt and sudden. I thought he didn't know what desire was. I thought he didn't want me. I thought.... but now I knew.

Orion had been holding back also.

His hands splay across my stomach, moving up to cup each breast. His fingers seem to know what to do. Either that or he was still in the hunt. Orion was still watching me, evaluating each reaction, each sensation through my body, taking in the scent of it and how it changed with the different position of his hands. He judged what I liked, what caused the most reaction and acted upon that.

My hands rise to twist around his head, pulling against his long hair. I twist my neck and pull his face to mine, kissing him. He is getting better. I smile at the thought of practice makes perfect.

It registers in me though that throughout this Orion has been careful. He conveys his thoughts through actions. And now, as his lips kiss mine, tender and warm, pecking my cheeks, my nose, eyelids, and neck- It comes to me the words Orion is saying through his body.

You are beautiful.

You are beautiful.

You are beautiful.