Sun Child |BONUS CHAPTER|

The events of this bonus chapter take place before Lexie meets Atlas- HOWEVER- you will have to have read the FULL story of Sun Child in order to understand (and in order to not ruin anything for you...) Thank you for reading. This came to me in moment of blind inspiration so if you find a mistake please do not hesitate to let me know ♥

*   *   *

To the lost dreamers, 

and shattered minds-

The brave lungs that breath, 

and courageous hearts that beat. 

When I write about heroes- I'm writing about you. 

-world_joy_

***

I overheard one time, the pack warriors talking.

They didn't know I was there within hearing, but the words they spoke still seemed to capture my attention. I don't know why it stuck so much with me, their conversation.

The border picked up a rouge.

Scrawny thing.

Lucky to see it go though.

It was practically begging for the end.

I hate seeing when a wolf gets like that. So isolated enough to lose their mind. Wish there was something to be done...

I don't know why the conversation stayed in the back of my mind, rooting and festering in the shadows until now- staring at the mirror, those pack warriors words come back to haunt me in the most unimaginable way.

I stare at the sink edge, looking at the razor.

Scrawny thing.

Hollow eyes, shadowed face and sunken in cheeks stare back at me.

Lucky to see it go though.

Really it's the truth. Yes. Leave.

It was like a festering wound. You prodded and poked, trying to heal the infection only to realize the only way of getting better was to remove the dead skin altogether. Take away the bad and what did you have left? The good.

It was practically begging for the end.

Goddess. Please. Please. Remove me from the chaos of my mind. I can't stand it. I can't stand it. I need relief, some relief to just think. Or maybe that was the problem- I didn't want to think because if I thought.

My hands cling tighter to the edge of the skink, my breaths coming in faster.

Goddess, no. Don't think about it.

To late. I already was seeing the flashes. Feeling the pain and listening to the track of my sobs running over and over- not knowing if it was a replay of that night or the sound of the present.

I hate seeing when a wolf gets like that. So isolated enough to lose their mind.

Who knew that within a few short years after listening to that conversation, I would be able to understand exactly what they meant. I would be able to understand exactly how a rogue thought.

Rouge.

Maybe I could. But waiting another few years for my wolf to come to me just so I could run away.