Chapter 26

Noels POV

"Noel...what are you doing here?", my heart started to race as he stepped forward towards me and he peered down at me.

"I came to visit my dad.", he didn't know I was in town?

I turned around to pay for my coffee and took the hot drink and feel the warmth against my hands, what were the chances that we would meet again like this?

"You look as beautiful as ever Noe."

"And you look as handsome as ever.", he did look much more mature and something about him made my heart swell. Maybe I missed him a little since leaving him here by himself after he told me that.... he loved.

"Hey ummmm...", his voice cracked and made me giggle.

"Yes?"

"Do you wanna go for a walk with me?"

reaching for the door I leaned against it with a little smile, "I'd love to."

He walked past me and opened the door motioning me to exit, what a gentleman.

It was a good morning for a walk, even though there was an awkward silence between Liam and I.

"So Noe how is life going? I mean I've heard your dad talk about you a couple of times when we would bump into each other.", so my dad has talking about me.

"I've been doing good..." I shrugged because I didn't know if that's how i truly felt, "what has my dad said about me?"
The curiosity made me wonder how much my dad knows...or if he knows about Harry.

"He told me that you worked at a bakery in London and that you were doing school for a little bit." So he didn't know about Harry.

"Yeah that's about it, how about you? are you still teaching?" his hands brushed against his arm a bit distraught about  the question.

"I'm doing more teaching now, its kinda boring, I missed jumping around schools to teach at.", He still is doing it, I'm so happy. I remembered that was his passion for a while, I never thought that he would get tired.

We started walking towards the woods since it was in the direction we were headed, "I never thought I would see the day that thee Liam Payne would be tired of teaching."
Taking a sip of my coffee the warmth filled my body with happiness. 

"And I never thought that Thee Noel Jefferson would move out of our town." he smiled a bit looking up at the tall trees that toward us and seemed to go on forever.

I stopped in my tracks and he leaned against a tree then pulled out a cigarette, "I'm sorry Liam."

"I told you I loved you Noe." he sighed lighting his cigarette and put it against his lips.

"When did you start to smoke?" trying to change the subject, "I never remembered you smoking."

"Don't change the subject Noel." he exhaled as the smoke left his lips.

"What am I suppose to say?" I stared to raise my voice, "you knew I couldn't stay here!"

Throwing his cigarette he walked up inches from my face and backed up against the tree,
"You could have chosen me" he dipped his head pressing his head against mine, "I would have taken care of you."

I pressed my hands against his chest trying to push him back but he held his ground, "I was to young to make that big of a decision."

He put his finger under my chin lifting it a bit so my eyes would meet his gaze, "I could still take care of you."

He started to lean in and I took a deep breath in only to taste the scent of his minty breath, "Liam I can't"

"Please Noel let me" moving closer to me his lips pressed against mine.