Part 9

I come back home, slamming the door behind my. my veins still filled with anger and rage. 

"Hello to you too." Iris says from out of the living room, I look at here, annoyed. I am really not into a little chat-talk right now. 

"Sorry, Hello," I try not to sound either mad or annoyed but I can hear both emotions fill my words. She looks up from her laptop and raises an eyebrow.

"What's up? you look like someone ate your pizza" 

"More like I just walked in on Jessica cheating on me." Her eyes widen searching for mine. "I'm fine really." I add

"I never expected her to do that..." she mutters underneath her breath. "I'm sorry Barry."

"Don't worry I'll get over it." I know I will. 

Next morning 6 am. Time to go to work, where Jessica will be. She is probably gonna talk me in to getting back to her. But I won't. And exactly as I predicted, when I walked in she immediatly started saying somethings I wasn't paying attention to at all. "Barry, I am so so sorry. How can I make it up to you? Her voice was soft and cracky. "Please Barry, for god sakes just talk to me!" I knew she would say all that kinda stuff, I'm not falling for it. "Why? So you can lie to me again? Tell me you love me? Only me?" She messed up this time. 

"Barry, I do love you! Only you! I..." Her eyes fill up with tears. "I just made a mistake." 

"Go to work Jessica, you will not take me with your stupid lies again. Never"

She looks me into the eyes, appearently she can read there that I'm telling the truth 'cause she heads to work again. I haven't even let out one single tear. I wasn't to broken. Just a bummer I wasted my costy time on her. 

Weeks have passed and another case came up. A dead guy was found, but we couldn't find any evidence the main suspect had done it. Until Jessica mysteriously found some DNA on the body, which I had been looking for many times without any result. I didn't trust the situation and found out the had planted evidence, I had no choice but go to the captain. She was immediatly fired and never looked at me again. Jessica Landel was officially history.

I think a month has passed since we broke up when I saw the cute waitres again. 

"Hey," she greeted me with a cute smile.

"Hey, goodmorning." Since I do not have a girlfriend anymore I can just stare at her without a guilty feeling. She gives me my coffee and I leave the shop. A couple of days later I saw her again. "You again? I'm starting to think you're stalking me." She smiles, and so do I. "I don't see a reason why not." Her eyes meet mine and stare into my soul. She slowly turns around to get my coffee and gives it to me. "Bye" As I walk out I see something written on my cup. A phone number. Her phone number. I work the day out with a smile on my face and as I return home I grab my phone. Dial the number. And wait. 

"Hey with Ivony." A soft voice says on the phone. Ivony, her name was Ivony

"Are you the girl from Jitters?" A laugh is heard on the other side of the line. 

"Yes, I'm guessing your the brownhaired tall guy who always orders the same coffee at the same time." Thank god she remembers me. "The cute one I gave my number to." she adds.

"That must be me. Barry." 

"Well hello Barry" Her sexy voice crosses my ear.

"I was wondering whether you would like to go out with me."

"I'd be a fool to say no, right? So yes I'd love to."