"Because I want to stay here like this forever. Can't we?"

"I am afraid not, sweetheart." He said, kissing the tip of her nose.

She pouted which made him laugh and his eyes turned up into half crescents.

He started smothering her with kisses and soon she found herself breathless yet again.

***

"Renoir! It's good to see you here again!" Said the guy at the front of the restaurant they'd just got in to have breakfast.

"Hey Mike, it's good to see you again too. How are you?" Taehyung smiled back at him.

Kira raised her eyebrows, she was pretty sure she heard him say the name wrong but Taehyung shook his head, silently asking her not to mention it.

"I am good. Where's Justin?" His English was clouded with thick a Spanish accent.

"Oh Justin's back home, he wasn't feeling well." Taehyung said casually. Kira was pretty sure 'Justin' meant 'Jungkook'.

They talked longer than what her appetite approved of and she decided to cut in.

"Mike, was it? Nice to meet you but 'Renoir' and I are hungry, could we get some pancakes?"

"Of course, please take a table." Beamed the guy as he curtly walked away.

Since Taehyung didn't bother bringing it up, she decided to ask the question herself.

"So, since we've established that Justin is sick and that the guy I slept with is suddenly Renoir, should I be expecting to speak to my cousin Jacob anytime soon?"

Taehyung chuckled, his shoulders shaking with barely contained glee. "No, but if we ever go to Hawaii, I must warn you that you'll be sleeping with Vincent Van Goh." Kira rolled her eyes. 

"Ooh ooh and it's Klimt in Norway, J in Tanzania..."

"You're an absolute freak. Got it." Kira cut him off.

Taehyung excused himself to the washroom, leaving Kira contently munching on her pancakes. His phone on the other end vibrated and Kira decided not to pay attention to it. The call stopped midway and started ringing again. She gingerly picked up the phone and read the Id "M". She checked around for Taehyung and against her own gut instincts, she answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Taehy- who is this?" A deep voice rumbled from the other end.

Before she could answer, she felt a gentle hand pick phone out of her hand. She turned around to find Taehyung staring coldly at the screen. She could faintly here the question repeating again from the other end.

"I am here, what is it?" he replied monotonously. He motioned at her to continue eating and walked away with the phone pressed to his ears. 

Kira shrugged and did exactly that. She felt uneasy. The voice she heard on the phone sounded familiar but not familiar enough for her to recollect.The booming voice was unique, yet she couldn't quiet put a finger on who it was. 

Taehyung returned a while later. He took a huge bite of his now cold pancake and set her eyes on her.

"Is everything okay?"

"That depends." He replied. "Did he ask you something?" 

"Well, he did but you got it before I could say anything."

He nodded, his face muscles relaxing. "Just don't pick up any calls from now on." 

"Yeah. Sorry about that. I didn't mean to pry." 

He remained silent but her curiosity got the best of her. "Do I know this person?"

Taehyung paused, as if contemplating what to answer. "You have met him once... in front of my place."

"Ah." Kira said, cogs and gears working up in her brain. The mystery dude whom Taehyung was not so keen on revealing.

They were both quiet for a while. Taehyung chuckled at her face. "You're still curious."

Kira smiled back sheepishly. A part of her marvelled at how lightly he was taking this.

"M... he was the one who looked after me and Jungkook when we first came to the city. Him and his wife, they were like our parents. We were like broken pieces of glasses and they found a way to fix us. He taught us a few tricks and trades and showed us how to survive in this huge sea even though we were young. That's all you have to know for now."

Kira was satisfied. Knowing something was way better than knowing nothing. 

"Oh and, I don't want him knowing more about you. It's better for both of us that way. He isn't really the friendly type, you know what I mean?"

Kira nodded. "Totally.  And your phones are completely off-limits, I promise."

He winked and gobbled down his breakfast.

"So, Renoir, where are you taking me today?" She asked air quoting his name.

"You'll see." He flashed his trademark smirk. 

A/N: I've been trying to update for the longest time but it wouldn't. -.- I either have a shitty wi-fi or wattpad is playing with me.