Who Locked The Doors?

It was during my hostel days that I encountered most of the paranormal activities in my life, my previous story being the most terrifying experience. But what I am about to narrate now is something that was witnessed by all the hostellers, all in the prime of their health and of sound mental balance.

It was the hill station of Dehradun. I was a boarder in my institute. We were allocated rooms that had very little space, enough for two people with adequate things of daily use could to fit and live in throughout the term that is. We had to go to the mess for our meals and the mess was a good half a kilometer away from our rooms, the premises being very large.

One night we all gathered outside our rooms to make a move for the mess. Every room was locked by the occupants before leaving. We had a perfectly fine dinner and a walk over the volleyball court which was near the mess. Smoking and joking was all as usual. I was approached by a junior student who said he could not open his room door. I asked him if he unlocked the door, he said yes. Then why isn't it opening I asked. I got a reply I never expected or imagined. He said that it seemed like the door had been locked on the inside. I rebuked him. All of us seniors did. We all laughed and then grinned. The young student's expressions did not change at all. It was then for the first time it dawned upon us that he isn't joking. We rushed to his room. Pulled the door with all we had, the handle came off the door, but the door did not budge.

After doing all we could, we asked one of the juniors to get an iron rod. Someone got a hammer and we broke in. Upon entering we checked every window, despite the fact that no one could get in from there because all the windows had iron grills on them, immovable. No other entry point was there except the door we had just broken. So we had to put down the incidence as a joke, we didn't want to alarm the new students.

The same incident occurred many times in different rooms. We still have no clue who or what locked the doors. But one thing is for sure that once the door was locked from outside, nothing but air could only get inside the room.