Flip Flops

This happened at my old apartments in Athens, Ohio. Actually several of my occurrences happened there in my life. This one wasn't as big of a deal as some, but it really stuck with me.

Ok, so I was with my boyfriend (at the time) Mike and his sister and some other people that also lived at the apartments. We were hanging on Mike's porch and it was dark out. For some reason, which is lost to me, I got into an argument with them and got angry and walked away. I headed towards the back of the apartments (the apartments were surrounded by woods on three sides) where my best friend Andi lived. I knew she was asleep at the time and her parents were very strict so I just sat down near her apartment at the parking lot.

I was sitting on the curb with my head down on my knees and I may or may not have been crying, I am not sure. I was only about 14 at the time maybe 15, so I was an emotional teen. I was secretly hoping that Mike would come and make me feel better, even though I was angry with all of them. I sat like that for about five minutes or so when I heard the sound of flip flops approaching me. My boyfriend was actually the only one wearing them at the time, so I smiled to myself and waited until I could see them in my view (while still having my arms and head on my knees I could see the ground in front of me). I saw a pair of feet stop, (I don't recall if I recognized them or not) so I looked up and...nothing. Nothing at all.

My smile quickly faded as I looked around and that's when I spotted a grayish-like shape flee behind one of the cars on the other end of the parking lot to my left (about 5 cars from me, it was a small parking lot) and it looked to be crouching. I smiled again a bit relieved thinking that someone was playing with me to try and scare me or what-not. Though how they got over there so fast and silently is beyond me. I looked under the car to try and spot their feet but couldn't see anything so I tried to turn events around and scare them so I ran over on the other side of the cars, but didn't find anything!

At this point I got rather scared and took off back towards Mike's place, and what do you know? Everyone was there, still in the same positions as I left them. I was still mad but didn't want to be alone so I swallowed my pride. When I told them about it they didn't really take it seriously just said it was weird. Well it was enough to spook me and stay in my mind rather clearly almost a decade later!

And as I wrote this, I just made a connection. When I was about 7 or 8, living in a different town entirely, I was taking a bath with the door open because I didn't like to be alone. The tub was facing the door. I was just sitting there playing when I saw (now that I recall) the same grayish like crouching shape fly by the door. I just sat there and stared awhile thinking it could have been my dog, although it was bigger than my dog.

I was a bit scared because before then I overheard my mom and our pastor talking in the living room and our pastor said that there were 9 demons living with us. And my mom has seen things before, like a woman in white walking by the window slowly (although she would have to be at least 12 feet tall because our house was built on a hill and the back window was really high up).

I have also been told by another pastor that my room was the most peaceful room in the entire apartment (it was a four bedroom apartment) I had my radio on the christian station every night, and stayed in room all day reading books while my family was downstairs at each others' throats all day. Nothing has ever tried to harm me (though I have heard knocking on my bedroom door) but I know that there was a lot of strife in my house and that it may have brought things into the house and I simply witnessed them.

Sorry for getting carried away, my mind likes to make connections and I have to get it all out! Thanks for reading and please feel free to express any and all opinions that you may have!