Old Wardrobe

When I was around the age of 16/17 I lived with my parents in Moulton, Northampton. The bungalow was built in the 1940's so was about 60/70 years old. The attic was turned into one big bedroom that my parents slept in, which was creepy enough, even during the day.

I had the bedroom that was right next to the stairs and opposite the bathroom. As you walked into my room, on the left was a small walk-in wardrobe that fitted directly underneath the staircase. The door was quite small so you had to duck to put clothes in or take some out. It was also really tough to open, so you had to use a lot of force as it was an old door or it just wasn't fitted properly.

One night I was lying in bed with my now ex-boyfriend. We were watching a film, it was around 1 am and I started hearing creaking. As the house was old and in the middle of summer I brushed it off to being the floor boards. I focused back on the film and within a few minutes I saw something moving out the corner of my eye. I looked over to my wardrobe and it was slowly opening.

I got my ex's attention and he brushed it off as being my belongings falling over and pushing the door open from inside. So I got up and had a look round but the only things that were in there were my clothes and nothing else. I brushed it off again, thinking that I must have not closed it properly.

A couple of nights later I was in the kitchen with my mum when we both heard a loud bang and creaking again. It sounded like it came from upstairs so we brushed it off as being our Labrador Bella. I offered her a cup of tea and went to get my mug from my bedroom.

When I walked in I saw that my wardrobe door was wide open again. I let out a little scream and my mum came in to see if I was okay. She could see I was shaken, so took me into the living room where I explained what happened a couple of nights before. Mum, being like me, she believed in the paranormal so she knew I wasn't lying about what happened.

After that things calmed down for a while.