TAUSUR83: grandpa saying goodbye

One night out of the blue I had an urge to call my mom, the words "Call your mom" kept popping up in my thoughts. This was not a regular thing since my mom and I had a falling out some time earlier that year (we talk everyday just about now). So I picked up my sister-in-law's house phone and called her. She said, "baby I have some bad news. Your grandpa is in the hospital; and the doctors are saying he may not make it past this week". So I asked her what happened and what was going on with him. She tells me, "the doctors found bacteria all throughout his body and its already shut down most of his organs". So I tell her I will call her back. When I hang up I immediately start with prayer and I asked the good Lord to take my grandpa back home with him so he won't be in any more pain. Because I kept feeling that he was. So after I finish praying I call my mom back and ask her details. She said my grandpa is paralyzed and can't move anything and he keeps telling them he wants pain medicine.

Two days later I was at work cleaning tables when I started to walk towards the back and smelled my grandpa's cologne. It stopped me in my tracks. I stood there and breathed in the scent because I knew it would be the last time I would smell it. I kept envisioning him standing around me in a cloud and telling me he's ok and he'll be back. So I say out loud, "Goodbye grandpa, I love you and I will talk to you later".

When I clocked out I called my mom and she confirmed he had passed away that morning at the hospital. He still visits from time to time and its always a warm comfortable and cologne packed experience.