LADYKNIGHT: Haunted University

I'll start off by giving a short background about the university and the dormitory. The university was founded in 1901 during the American occupation of the Philippines. It was the institution that the Thomasites built to train Filipino educators. The dormitory for girls was said to be built around the same time. Now, the old teachers said that the dormitory was once used as a hospital during the war and that explains why the kitchen of the canteen downstairs have a very wide white table in the middle (because it was used as a morgue).

Occupants of the dormitory called the dormitory "Normal Hell" because of the possession incidents that happened there. Some dormers claim that during the wee hours, they hear footsteps and metal chains. They also claim to see Dante, a ghost.

During daytime, even if there are a lot of people waiting inside the bathroom, you will experience "playful things" such as turning on and off of faucets, flushing toilets, and turning on and off of light switches. I, for one, in my four years of staying there, have my own share of these incidents.

One afternoon, during my freshman year, I was sleeping alone in our room when I heard footsteps. I got up thinking that my roommates came in but when I opened my eyes, I saw no one. Then I tried to go back to sleep and I heard the footsteps again. That was the time I felt scared and I panicked and I don't know what to do! I got the broom and closed the door and I sat in my bed holding the broom. I crazily thought of hitting whoever it was! Then I realized that it would just be futile since ghosts could not feel the pain if I hit it. But the footsteps went away.

Another incident was when I was in my senior year. There were only three of us in the room, one was E who was reading on her bed. The other was B who was sitting on her bed next to mine. I didn't know I was having a nightmare because in my dream, I am in our room and wearing the same clothes. The weird thing is, there were my two classmates inside the room and they were putting curtains. In reality, they wouldn't be allowed there because they don't live in the dormitory. Then I "woke up." But that was just another dream. In my second dream, I saw the same thing except that the colors of the curtains were different. Then my alarm rang and that was the time I really woke up. I told B about my nightmare and she was scared. After I told her that, E ran toward us. She was so scared because her bed shook while she was reading. She said that she thought that maybe there was an earthquake but then she realized that it was not an earthquake because she could see all the other beds were not shaking. Then I asked her when the shaking happened and we found out that the shaking happened while I was having a nightmare. Then we all prayed together.

Another incident happened to my former roommate, A. She said that she slept on her side. She woke up in the middle of the night because someone tapped her shoulder hard. When she opened her eyes, an old woman in white was staring at her. She tried hard to go back to sleep after that. Another incident happened to another friend similar to A's experience except that when F opened her eyes, two old people were staring down at her. F said that they went away when she recited "I believe in God."

These were just some of hundred stories about the dormitory. I will tell you about the university on my next story.

*******

So, this is the latest update by LadyKnight and I am waiting for her second article to come out. I will be posting it with the same name in new future!