Chapter Fifty: The Reveal

50
Chapter Fifty: The Reveal

I woke up to the sound of my dad yelling. Quietly I push myself up off the bed making sure not to re-open any of my stitches, before hobbling towards the door.

"You let her get hurt! I don't even know why I hired you idiots" my dad growled. Who could he be yelling at for me getting injured? I was sure that I was the only one to blame this time.

"It's not our fault, we would have blown our cover, we were in completely different cabins too" Wait... I know this voice. Eli?

"No excuses"

"Yes sir" I knew this voice too... Lashana? I push open the door to see Lashana and Eli's expression change as they realised that I heard to all.

"Angie..." Lashana says slowly

"So, you were hired by my dad. To do what exactly? Pretend to be my friend?" I say as I remember jasmine from the masquerade ball.

"It not like that-" she starts to say but I cut her off by closing the door in her face and walk away. I just couldn't deal with that right now, I was sick of people deceiving me. I can't believe they did that to me. So what if I came up with the plan before I even came to school because I was trying to convince dad but still, I didn't think it would hurt this much and I certainly didn't expect it from those two.

Tears threaten to overflow at the brim of my eyes and I don't have the strength to hold them back. I hobble over towards the bed and snuggle myself under the blankets. I kinda just wanted to be alone right now but for some strange reason i had the urge to see one of the guys. So I grab my phone of the bedside table that Alex had left for me before scrolling through all my contacts while smiling. All the guys had added themselves into my phone. Tyler's name was set as the 'Dashing Diaz' Alex's was '4L3x' he really does like computers too much. Ryder's was 'Ry-ding you'  which was both gross and amusing. Chase was simply 'Chase' that didn't surprise me at all. Kaylem's was 'lil bro' and Lincon's 'Mr bodyguard' while all the rest were just set as their names.  Without thinking I click on Tyler's number and wait for him to answer.

"Hey! Angie you all good?"

"T-Tyler" I say but my voice breaks half way "are you alone right now?"

"Yeah I am, what's going on? Why are you crying? Do you need more pain killers? Ice cream? Nutella? Nutella ice cream?" He says blabbering on.

"I just want someone to talk to if that's okay?"

"Well I'm always here for you, want me to come over?" He asks in a tone that I wasn't quiet used to. It was like he lost all his immaturity and became an over protective mumma.

"Yes please" I say quietly.

"I'll be there in 30 minutes" he says as I hear him moving around.

"Oh and Tyler?" I say in a questioning tone before he hangs up.

"Yeah"

"Is it alright if you bring over some icecream?"

"Yeah sure thing" he says

"And... possibly some Nutella" I whisper

"No problem" he half chuckles "see you soon princessà" and with that the line went dead. It felt like ages since he called me that I kinda missed it.