"New Beginnings"

The chapters aren't edited but I will go back and fix any mistakes. I won't be offended if you let me know! Enjoy!

__________________________________________________________________

I felt the burn of tears. "But sir, I need this job. More than you know. Please, this won't happen again."

"You're right it won't because you're fired, and you should have thought of that before you acted the way you did." He then turned back to the nameless man. "I hope that relieving the situation has satisfied..." I didn't stay to hear the rest. It was pointless, I wasn't getting my job back and I was ready to cry harder than a waterfall.

The mystery man was angry. At me? I'm the one getting fired! His jaw was clenched his fists in a fist and he looked like he could kill someone. But he just stood there. Silent.

I grabbed all my things I had here, which wasn't much. Just a sweatshirt and a picture of my son hung up on my mini locker door.

Walking out the back exit, I step outside and it's cold. Then I feel wet droplets falling on my face and hair. It's raining. Can today get any worse? Probably.

I lived only a few blocks down and so I walked and cried. I took my time because I wanted to get it all out before going home. I have to put on a happy face for my son. He may be little, but he knows when her mommy is sad. I also didn't want to talk about it with Ms. Bailey, I just want to go to bed.

I walked up to my apartment and took a deep breath making sure everything was in check so Ms. Bai... Rosa wouldn't suspect anything. Opening the door and the first thing I hear is Shhhh.

"Hi sweety, I'm sorry I just got him down! He was perfect just like always!" She was walking around straightening up and telling me about Faith. She finally stopped and right away new something was wrong. Damn she's good.

"What happened?" She asked. Sternly.

I sighed and mumbled "Igotfired" really fast.

"Huh? I didn't catch that." She looked really concerned.

"I got fired today! It wasn't my fault though! He was just so ugh! He was all like can you move over and did I say I want milk? Like can you believe him!" I rambled.

"Honey. I have no idea what you just said." She chuckled a little at my frantic state.

I explained to her what happened, and how Bill decided he would fire me. I promise when my boss comes back I'm going to have a word with her choice of manger. But I decided I didn't want to go back, I hate the way I was treated and I'm starting to get sick of coffee. And I love coffee. Rosa told me that she would give that man a word if she ever saw him and then went in for the night. I decided I should go to be too.

Walking in the nursery I look and see my baby fast asleep. I decide I want him next to me tonight so I gently pick him up and bring him in the room with me. I get into my pajamas and clear off a side for my Hope. Making sure no pillow or blankets are around her and I even decide on completely taking the blanket off not risking anything. I kiss him chubby cheeks and looking around our tiny almost falling apart apartment, whispering to him.

I promise this isn't forever.

*****************

I woke up early the next morning, Friday thank goodness, determined to find a new job. Seeing my baby was wide awake, I think how lucky I am to have such a good baby, he isn't fussy at all and only cries when he needs something. It's earlier than his normal feeding time so I decide to take a bath with him. I get his blue towel and my fluffy towel also in the color blue. I can't give him much right now but I do enjoy the little things like matching with him. I know it may sound ridiculous to some but to me it's important.