"The Bar"

The bar outfit:

What the fuck are you doing?

Fuck. Me.

I inhale a sharp breath and I braced myself for what is about to come. I thought he left for the day and I don't know what the big deal is but he hates me nonetheless and I can't do anything about it.

I slowly start to turn around and I meet his glaciers of eyes. Cold and heartless as they settle on me.

"I.." I choked on my words. Taking a deep breath I meet his gaze again.

"I was leaving files that you needed me to complete on your desk." I rushed out meekly. I need this job.

I looked up through my lashes and there was a look in his eyes I couldn't pinpoint.

But it went as fast as it came and his all too familiar cold green stare placed their eyes on me.

He takes a daring step closer causing me to take a step back.

"This office is off limits unless I call you in. Got it?" He practically snarls at me.

I nod turning my head away from his intense glare. Weak.

Something catches my eyes as I'm roaming the room scared of his gaze. I see a picture of a beautiful woman on his desk. Smiling in the picture. Not the woman that's been in the office. This woman seems kind and warm. A little on the curvy side, like me. Hmm.

I pretend I didn't see the picture and bring my gaze down to my shoes.

"And next time you want to have your boyfriend pick you up, make sure you make it back on time." He adds harshly.

What? What boyfriend? And I made it back before the hour was up?

Instead of arguing because it won't get me anywhere I respond with,

"I'm sorry, sir." I whisper.

I hear a sharp inhale but I assume it's because he's so angry with me and holding back. I see a hand raise and instinctively flinch.

My head snaps up and he looks at me with wide eyes. I realized he was pointing to the door to tell me to leave and I responded too quickly.

"I'm so sorry." I respond my eyes widening as well.

Why are you apologizing Iris? I mentally face palm.

"Have a good night sir." I hustle out of the office and high tail it down the stair. I'd rather not wait for the elevator right now.

When I get down to the bottom. There is a car waiting out front and I look to see Zenon in the drivers seat.