We pondered on this subject for a few minutes, before moving onto another one.

“Are you still getting your daily beatings Jacob?” I asked hesitantly.

He thought about it for a moment, “Actually no. They just stopped, I don’t know why.”

“Do you remember when?”

“Uh, I think the week Lennox started attending our school.” He replied.

Crap, there goes my brilliant theory that Jacob’s beating had somehow tied in with Jayce’s.

I huffed out in annoyance, “This is frustrating Jacob, all I want to find out to find out is who is beating up my boyfriend, and why are they doing it!”

A sound of footsteps from behind us caught out attention, “You know what else is frustrating?”

Jayce stood in the kitchen doorway, walking over to the island in the middle of the kitchen, with a slight limp, “When my girlfriend won’t learn how to let things go.”

“Jayce, I’m just worried about you. I care for you so much and –“

“If you care for me so much, stay out of my business!” He snapped.

Jacob intervened, “Hey! She’s just trying to help Jayce.”

His brother shot him a dirty look, “You’re no better than her! Why would you keep a secret like this from me?”

Jacob looked taken back, “What are you-“

“Your daily beatings?” Jayce said with venom, “How could you not tell me? You decide to tell her but not your own brother?”

Was I supposed to be insulted by that?

“I-I didn’t kn-know how. If you found how who it was, you’d freak and-“

“Who is it?” His brother cut him off.

Jayce was now looking as angry as ever. His hands were clenched into fists, and he was breathing out steam.

I slowly walked over to him, “Jayce, you need to calm down. You’re injured and you just need to rest.”

He brushed off my hand on his arm, and scowled, “I don’t need to listen to you. I’m frustrated enough with these stupid injuries, and I don’t need you telling me what to do. Just lay off Alex!”

I flinched at his loud tone of voice, and I backed away, standing next to Jacob again.

“Jayce, she’s trying to help you for your well being. Don’t just push her away,” He said, trying to reason with his older brother.

“No, it’s ok Jacob.” I said softly.

Jayce scoffed, “Yeah it is ok, because Alex was just leaving.”

I furrowed my brows at him, “Wh-What?”

“Just leave Alex. You being here is stressing me out, and I don’t need this right now. I’m so damn injured and it hurts so much, and you being here isn’t making it any better. So just go.” He said.

Jacob glanced at his brother appalled, “Jayce, how could you-“

“No,” I cut him off, “It’s okay. I’ll go.”

“Alex, you don’t have to. He’s just frustrated and angry.” Jacob said.

Jayce rolled his eyes at his little brother, “Jacob just let her leave. I don’t want her here right now.”