Chapter Twenty-Seven

Depuis le début

"Actually," Elena grabbed the bag, "It's for me."

The three of us gave each other a confused look.

She took a sip and smiled, "Thanks to Damon, I am now a functional dysfunctional vampire."

"That's amazing." Bonnie smiled.

"What do you mean, thanks to Damon?" I asked.

"Well, he suggested that I try it again. So I did, and it worked. No more snatch, eat, and erase."

I wanted to say something but Caroline gave me a look not to.

"So where is my least favorite Salvatore?" Caroline asked.

I checked my phone. "'Out with Stefan tonight. Don't wait up. Brother bonding.'" I read the text he sent me.

We all could feel the awkwardness rising in the room. Ever since Elena said she has feelings for Damon, it's been an awkward topic. I mean, I am upset, but I still love her.

"Okay, New girls' night rule— no boy talk, yea?" Bonnie suggested. "Plus, why talk when we have this?" Bonnie grabbed a bag filled with herbs.

"Is that stoner tea?" Caroline asked.

"It's spirit tea." Bonnie corrected, "It opens up your chi or whatever."

Caroline scoffed.

"Come on. It's not drugs. Shane is helping me do natural magic without having to access the spirits."

"Mm-hmm."

"Don't judge." Bonnie gave Caroline a hard stare.

"Okay. Fine. I hereby vow not to be judgmental for the rest of the evening." Caroline stated.

"I'll drink to that." Elena said.

We all grabbed our drinks and did a quick cheers and smiled.

\||\

About an hour later, the four of us probably have finished 2 full bottles of alcohol, not counting the shots we've taken. Currently, we are blasting the music and dancing all around the living room.

Elena went to pour her another glass, but the bottle was empty. She sped to the table across the room and grabbed it and we cheered. She sped back and popped the bottle and poured it.

She poured us all a glass and we chugged it down. We all wrapped our arms around each other as we fell onto the couch.

Another hour passed and we're in Damon's bathroom, laughing at nothing. Elena was in the bathtub while the three of us were sitting around it.

"Check this out— vamp speed video." Bonnie said and sent us a video.

It was when Elena sped to grab the bottle of champagne.

Elena laughed, "I look like superman." She paused the video, "Look at this. This year's Christmas card." It was her in the middle of speed running, paused, and we laughed. "Being a vampire is so weird. Oh, my god, I love this bathtub. Why don't we come and hang out here more often?"