I headed out and Elena texted me saying that Damon just dropped her off at her house. I headed to the boarding house to talk to Damon. I knocked on the door after seeing Damons car there but I got no response. I knocked again and he opened the door.

"I heard you went to Chicago." I said looking at him as he nodded. "Did you see him?"

"Yep." He replied.

"And?" I asked curiously.

"Things haven't changed. He still doesn't want to come back." He sighed.

"Can I come in?" I asked looking at him as he opened the door more for me. "I want to talk about everything. Why have you been keeping me out of everything?"

"You still have this mentality that nothing will ever hurt you and it worries me." He replied.

"But Elena does the same thing yet you let her go with you to find her off he rails boyfriend." I replied looking to him. "How is that fair?"

"I just don't want you hurt." He replied as I shook my head.

"I'm immortal now Damon. I'm even stronger than before and I can be of use. I hate having to sit around and wait for news." I explained looking at him. "It's like you just want to exclude me for no reason."

He squinted and vamped me to a wall holding my wrists. "Just like that you'd be dead." He said looking at me. "I'm doing this for you, not for me."

I pushed against him and he held me in place. I made some moves but he mostly had me down. "I wasn't prepared." I replied.

"And you think you will be? You can barely get out of my grasp. Imagine how much more powerful Klaus is Emma." He said in an angry tone.

"Why? Why do you have to prove that I'm weaker?" I asked looking at him as I stopped fighting. "All I want to do is make sure you're safe and make sure Elena is safe but you won't let me."

"Because you'll get hurt." He replied still holding me.

"And so will you but at least we have each other. What am I supposed to do when all the sudden your gone and I never even had the opportunity to save you. I don't want what happened to Stefan to happen to you." I let out a tear and blinked a few times.

"That's the thing Emma. One day something might happen." He replied. "I don't want you to have to be there to see it." He explained as he loosened his grip. "I don't want you to suffer losing anything else."

"Pushing me away doesn't change how I feel." I explained.

"But it keeps you safe." He replied.

"What's worse being safe without the people you love or being gone with them still happy?" I asked looking at him.

"In this new reality anyone can die at any time. I don't want it to be you." He replied looking down.

"You know what I did today? I sat in my room checking my phone every five minutes worried that something could've happened. I was worried that the last thing you would say to me was to leave you alone." I explained.

"I'm not a good person Emma. You shouldn't expect anything from me." He replied.

"But I do because I know who you are. I expect you to cheer me up when I'm sad, to make me smile when I'm angry, even just for you to tell me that you love me." I looked at him wiping my eyes as a few tears escaped them. "I don't expect it because I want you to be better I expect it because that's what you've always done."