❦ Chapter 4 ❦

Mai gently dabbed your forehead with a clean cloth as sweat accumulated on them. You were slightly panicking seeing as it is hard to get the bullet out without touching the Pro Hero's heart.

      "(____). . ." Lix started, staring at the heart monitor. "I know. I know," you said sternly. The last thing you wanted at this moment was to be interrupted.

     "Mai, pull this tissue back," you ordered and she was immediately given a retractor by one of the surgeons. Another then took Mai's previous job, which was dabbing sweat from your forehead.

    "Found you. . ." you mumbled, quite glad that you finally found the bullet. You grabbed the said ammunition using a surgical instrument. Smiling beneath the surgical mask, you placed the metal on the dish beside you. Although, it was not yet done.

     "Lix stitch him up. . ." you ordered as you step back to let Lix take over.

     His quirk was quite fascinating, he could produce fiber-like strings that are stronger than most. It was quite similar to another Pro Hero's quirk, Best Jeanist.

    The only difference was Lix didn't need any cloth to control the thread. He could make them with his own body as long as he is high in fiber. Lix checked the open chest in search of any foreign objects.

    Once it was clear, he quickly stitched the skin. No matter how goofy he was, the Italian man had a serious side whenever the life of a patient was resting on his hands.

     The lines on the heart monitor were slowly then filled with ascending and descending lines, a sign that his heart was stabilizing. You removed your gloves and activated your quirk.

    Beside Lix, he stared at you using your quirk to help speed up the process of healing. "Get more blood. . ." he instructed to one of the surgeons under him. Said surgeon nodded and went to fetch the said item.

    "(____) you're eyes are becoming red. . ." he spoke lowly, afraid to disturb the female. You hummed in response but did not stop your quirk.

     The other surgeons tend to his other injuries as you treated the ash-blond Pro Hero. After a couple of minutes, you deactivated your quirk and retracted your hands from his chest, sighing in exhaustion.

     "Lix and Mai, take over. . ." you instructed and went to a nearby sink to wash your hands. They made no sound while both of them continued to tend to the unconscious male.

     Changing from the scrub suit to a pair of white shirt and black pants (they were mysteriously available), you exited the surgery room only to be greeted by Shouto and Eijirou, who was waiting outside in concern.

      "Is Katsuki okay?" the redhead gulped. You nodded and placed a hands on your forehead, "I manage to take the bullet out. The others can't find nor get it without touching his heart."

     Both males sighed in relief, ecstatic that their friends were safe. "From what I heard, Katsuki was ambushed by a villain who was trailing behind him. Since Katsuki was quite tipsy from the alcohol, he didn't attack efficiently," Shouto announced, extending an arm as he noticed you swaying side to side.

     "Are you oka-" he asked. "I'm okay. . ." you interjected.

     "You should rest, (____)" Eijirou grabbed your arm in concern. Unbeknownst to you and him, Shouto shot the redhead a dirty look. You pushed their hands away from you and stood straight.

    "I'll attend a few kids then I guess I'll rest. . ." you sighed through your nose.

    "I'll have the nurse show you the way to the cafeteria," you looked at your right to see one resting by the benches.