❣ Chapter 3 ❣

In the end, you slept in Eijirou's bed while he slept on the couch. You tried persuading him that it was fine for you to sleep on the couch.

     "Well, if I let a lady sleep on a couch while I'm comfortable in my bed wouldn't be manly, right?" he replied whilst giving you a toothy grin. An hour has already passed since he left you in his room to have a well-deserved rest.

     You thought you would fall asleep instantly but no, thoughts flooded your mind.

     Normally, you wouldn't render this a nuisance but in the middle of the night when you need some shut-eye and those useless thoughts kept crossing your mind really put you in the spot.

     You tossed and turned around his bed, trying to find a comfortable spot but nothing let you sleep. A sigh escaped your nostrils as you ignored the uncomfortable position and decided to close your eyes in an attempt to snooze off.

     You managed to sleep, but it was only for a few minutes because you would toss and turn again. By the time the sun rose up, you haven't got any sleep and gods above please have mercy because you're really tired.

     "I hope there are a few patients this day," you groggily said and sat up. The smell of waffles drifted through the air, Eijirou must be already awake and was preparing breakfast for the both of you.

     With reluctance, you pushed your body away from the cushions to meet the cold floor. Your body slumped down, not sure if it could handle your weight in such a tired state.

     The thud was loud enough that Eijirou heard it. In a panic, the redhead rushed into his room to find you dusting yourself off.

     "Are you okay, (____)? What happen?" he asked with worry laced in his voice.

     "I just fell, Eijirou. . ." you quietly replied and yawned.

    "Did you had enough sleep?" he asked, his voice husky and low. You resisted the urge to faint right then and there, the Pro Hero was also hot and gods above please let them calm your racing heart.

    "Yeah," you replied and walk towards him. "Thanks for letting me stay here for the night."

     Eijirou's lips curled up and his pointy teeth peeked a little, "It would be unmanly of me to not help another in need. . ." he said and then jerked his head, motioning you to follow him into the kitchen.

      "I'm not much of a cook, so I hope this reaches your palate," he rubbed his nape sheepishly as you sat down the table.

     A plate with chocolate stuffed waffle was before you with berries littered on the side. Eijirou might or might not have to look up recipes on the internet.

     He twiddled with his fingers as you picked the fork up and sliced it through the food. Your lips curled up as the delightful taste fills your mouth and you gave the redhead a thumbs up.

     "What kind of tea would you like?" he questioned.

     "Do you have green tea?" you replied after gulping down one berry. Eijirou pressed his lips into a thin line and nodded, "I might have some in stock."

     He then proceeded to go back to the kitchen to prepare the drink. You were halfway done with your waffle when the redhead came back with two mugs.

     "Woah! You ate half already," he exclaimed, quite glad that you appreciated his cooking despite him being a newbie at it.

     "It's pretty good, actually. . ." you smiled and mumbled a thank you when he set the mug down on the table.