XII- Cookie of the Empire

Chapter Twelve– Cookie of the Empire

I was so focused on taking in every small detail of the beautiful lawn with my phone camera, I hadn't noticed when the doors opened and two people came flying down.

One of them, a woman who looks older from how she dresses, walks up to the motorcycle parked carefully by the side of the lawn- which I hadn't noticed before now- and kicks it with so much force, it tumbles to the ground and the headlamp shatters with a loud crash.

The older woman turns and my eyes widen as I realize what she is doing, just as her hand flies through the air to land on the younger girl's face with a loud smack. A slight gasp escapes my mouth at the sight of it, and I wonder how such an elderly woman can pack such a punch.

My mouth falls open and my brows shoot up when the woman turns and I realize who it is.

The silver-haired witch!

The Hollywood lady I had the unfortunate encounter with at the K and K's beach party.

I can't just sit in the driveway and watch, I have to get out. Thankfully, I wasn't locked inside the car, so when I turn the handle of the car door it opens up for me. I start to make my way out of the car, squinting to take in the scene before me. My eyes aren't of much use, so I continue to watch the scene through my S10 camera.

Curiosity killed the cat.

My eyes widen in shock as I realize who the younger girl is. All feelings of pity I had felt at the girl being bullied disappeared in a flash. The girl is no other than the arrogant sassy teenager that had harassed me earlier today. The girl is Mala.

The question is; what the hell is Mala doing here, and why is she being bullied by the proud old lady?

Mala doesn't strike me as someone that could easily be bullied by anyone, even if she doesn't look a day over sixteen.

Unfortunately, my camera does not have voice magnifying functions so I stuff it into my purse and stalk my way up to the four intimidating figures in front of the even more intimidating house.

Closer, I hear the girl- Mala screaming profanities at the woman who doesn't bother to reply. She instead watches Mr. Heartbreaker with the interest of a mama hawk, and she doesn't even spare a glance at Seth.

I have now reached the middle of the lawn and it is more beautiful than I expected, but then, there just had to be an iron rod right there in the middle which catches my legs.

Talk about bad luck.

I don't see the iron rod and air slams into my lungs when I gasp to find myself flying through the air. I land horribly on the grass which I discover isn't as soft as it looks, it's like sharp papers and it itches badly.

"What is that creature doing on my million dollar lawn?" A shrill authoritative voice burst into my head and I cringe and at the spur of the moment, pretend to be dead.

I watch as they all turn towards me and I slam my eyes shut, but keep it open a slit so I know when I get butchered.

They start to walk towards me and I put all of my wills into holding my breath and imagine the posture of a dead person from all the American action movies I have watched in my lifetime.

Seth gets to me first and peers at me from behind his adorable long lashes, Mr. Heartbreaker frowns at me in deep thought, and the silver lady looks like she could kill me if I wasn't already dead. Mala hadn't moved an inch, she didn't seem to care about what is going on in the middle of the lawn.

"I know you!" Seth suddenly exclaims and my hands twitch as I resist the urge to face palm. Mr. Heartbreaker chuckles and I can only hope he didn't see my hands twitch.

"Get up and follow me. I hope you have enough money in that purse to pay for my lawn which you just ruined. From how you are dressed, however, I can tell, not."

My body starts to tremble and sweat breaks out on my forehead. She isn't talking to me, is she?

"Get up and come with me, now!" She says and my eyes fly open as I realize she is talking to me.

"B-but I died!" I exclaim pathetically. Whatever happened to sassy lollipop? All I see here is wussy pop.

The Silver-haired lady glared at me and I shuffle myself off the ground and follow her out of the lawn, up the front porch where the broken pieces of the motorcycle is and where Mala looks at us uncaring, and up to the antique door where she stops and I slam into her back.

"S-so-sorry, you stopped so suddenly."

The lady doesn't even spare me a glance and turns to Mala instead.

"Come with me too, young lady."

Mala rolls her eyes and makes sure to drag her foot behind us.

The autumn wind whips at my face and it hits me hard that I might be following a group of Mafia for all I know.

I hardly know the man who had driven me here, it may be a planned kidnap. Mala, his sister had tried to kidnap me earlier today too. Seth may have rescued me, but he looks like he would say how high if anyone here asked him to jump. The silver lady has done nothing to hide her animosity towards me.

"Ohmykingofkingsandlawdoflawds!" I gasp and all of them turn to look at me. I slowly back away like a deer caught in hindsight.

"I know what is going on here!" I start and they all look at me like I have gone crazy, but no, they are the crazy foursome.

"This is the Mafia, isn't it?" I watch carefully as one by one their faces are stripped off their natural colours. They are a pale chalky white and if this wasn't a serious situation, I would be twerking and shoving it up their butts that black people couldn't turn ghosty-ish.

"I know what y'all are doing," I cross my arms confidently as I imagine myself as Cookie of the Empire.

"Y'all think you can kidnap me and get away with it. I am Cookie Lion, babies, I'm hard to get."

Then, I dash off and all hell breaks loose.

Footsteps pound behind me as I try to run off. I don't even get to the middle of the lawn when I am tackled to the ground by a strong pair of hands. I turn to come face to face with my captor and I blink rapidly when I see it is Mr. Heartbreaker.

Okay, this is my specialty, and I can't let the others get to me.

"Hey." I pout and blink up at him, and he looks taken aback. I smile and get more confident.

"You know, we could negotiate..." Our bodies are literally joined and I bring my leg up to rub against his middle. He continues to stare at me and I hold in the urge to smirk.

I lean in to whisper into his ears, "Why are you being hard on me, Mister Hearts?"

He muffles a cough as my lips touch his ear bud and I nibble on them.

Suddenly, I am being dragged backward and before I can dodge it, a fist makes its way to my stomach, taking with it all the oxygen in my head, and I see black.

Bloody flipping Mala!

Thank you so much DamnThatSass for the graphics in the previous chapter.