9

It was the usual gathering the club members have every time after they performed in an event. 

That day, they had performed the long-awaited Haruman, with the new recruited member of the group, to which Namjoon had handpicked Jungkook as part of his group, while the other new freshies were under another group such as Got7, Exo and such.

Namjoon would always praise the boy in front of the other groups, saying that the boy was the golden maknae of the group since the boy could literally do everything.

Ranging from dancing, singing and to rapping and such a smartass academically.

It was just that, the leader was quite proud of the boy.

It was already evening by the time they arrived at a café Namjoon had reserved for the gathering.

They were crowding around the counter, choosing their individual drinks while Jimin was standing behind them, trying to absorb different names and the possible drinks he would like to order.

"So, Jungkook, how are you feeling today? I mean, first time performing in front of the ladies?"

Namjoon had taken a seat beside Jungkook and all the members slowly took a seat beside each other, unconsciously forming a circle, leaving an empty seat right in front of Jungkook.

Jimin could not hear the maknae's reply as he was the last one to have his order being taken, making him the last member to sit at the last seat.

His seat was literally right in front of the maknae himself that he could not help but watch the maknae, who was blushing at Namjoon's question.

"I could see most of the ladies set their eyes on Jungkook already by the time he was sitting in the center," Taehyung, who took a seat beside Jungkook, wiggled his eyebrows towards Jungkook and Jungkook tried to deny his statement.

"Well, can't argue with that. During rehearsals, even the girls under student council had their eyes in hearts," Seokjin piped in beside Namjoon while shrugging his broad shoulders.

"Told ya, Joon. This guy here is the main bomb of our group," Next to Taehyung, Yoongi raised up his iced Americano towards Namjoon before leaning back to his cushiony chair and sipped his drinks loudly.

Namjoon nodded and flashed his dimpled grin to the elder in agreement, before involving himself in a conversation with Jungkook.

Jimin quietly took a sip of his ice-blended caramel macchiato and looked up to his left, who was nudging his shoulder to grab his attention.

"Yours looks so delicious. What's that?"

"Ice-blended Caramel Macchiato. Yours?"

"Ice-blended Banana." Both of them took several sips from the others' drinks and nodded when both drinks were equally good.

While Jimin's eyes wandered around the interior design of the café, he suddenly felt like someone watching him and looked around the people in the café including his members only to stop to a pair of black eyes.

Jeon Jungkook.

Jimin's heart skipped a beat at the intense stare he received from the maknae and looked away, trying to engage himself with the group's conversation.

He took several minutes to calm his heart down and stole a glance towards a certain brunette.

Again, his heart skipped another beat and continued its quick pace.

Jungkook was still staring at him again but now, he was taking several sips, his doe eyes still glued on him.

Jimin could feel his cheeks heat up and looked away again to his right, only to be surprised at Yoongi's stare before the elder cocked an eyebrow.

Jimin shook his head and looked down at his own fingers, trying to calm his erratic heartbeat.

He chanced a glance up to Jungkook and his eyes widened as the boy still kept up with his stare that ended up making Jimin squirmed and uncomfortable that he had to excuse himself to the washroom – to collect himself.

He splashed his face several times with the tap water, to cool down himself.

He looked up to his reflection, inhaled and exhaled in order to calm himself.

Why am I feeling this way?

Flustered over some boy who was merely staring you down?

When he went back to his seat, he was grateful that this time, the maknae did not do it again.

Several times did Jimin catch his eyes but only for a fraction of seconds.

Must be my imagination then...