"I Thought I Said You Shouldn't Waste Your Precious Tears"

Start from the beginning

“I thought you said Natasha was already at your place,” I turned around to face Niall after seeing Tash walk towards the place. When she saw me, she gave me a surprised look, before turning around to face Jason. I’m thinking she thought I was already here as well.

“Guess they ran a little late,” Niall shrugged indifferently. I eyed him a suspicious look, but shook it off when Natasha came running up to me, and hugged me.

“Long time, no see, huh?” she giggled.

I rolled my eyes. “Oh yeah, a whole forty eight hours, how did we ever survive?” I joked.

She laughed with me. We rang the doorbell, but no one answered it, so Niall opened it with a key.

Everyone must have been out, all the lights were off. It was dark out too, so the room was pitch black. I walked around, trying to feel my way to the light switch. I screamed a few times, when I bumped into a desk or a couch by mistake and I could hear Niall’s teasing laugh.

I stopped short when I felt something curl up around my ankle.

It sure felt like a hand.

“Niall,” my voice was a little shaky.

“Hmm?”

“I feel a hand around my ankle,” I said in alarm. And just like that, the hand flew off of me. I felt down for a bit, but there was nothing there. Must have imagined it.

My hands found their way to the light switch on the wall. Once turned on, I blew out a breath and turned around, only to hear an ear-splitting “Surprise!”

I laughed, realizing what happened. They tricked us. The little buggers tricked us. They were smart enough not to do it on our exact birthdate too. They did it the day before. Of course.

Natasha went full on giggles, just erupting from her mouth. “Thanks, you guys,” she said.

“Wait, whose hand was that, then?” I asked them all.

They looked blankly at each other. “Not me,” Liam said, hands up. “I was on the total right of this couch.”

“Yeah, and I was next to Liam. Harry was at the end of the left side,” Danielle nodded.

All eyes fell on him. “Don’t look at me!” We gave him ‘yeah, right’ looks and he made a disbelieving face at us. “I swear, it wasn’t me! Seriously!”

I shrugged. “Whatever, it doesn’t matter. I probably imagined it anyways,” I shook it off.

“Presents!” Eleanor jumped up. “See? We have that huge stack right there,” she pointed behind us.

Both Tash and I slowly turned, afraid of what we’d see.

And I was right to. Our jaws dropped, seeing the huge stack of gifts in boxes.

“Oh my god,” I let fall out of my mouth.

“Holy shit,” is what Natasha let out.

“You guys are insane,” I turned back.

They grinned at us. “Some of us had multiple parts to our gifts,” Louis winked.

“Some?!” I shrieked, and turned to head count the gifts.

“Thirty two gifts! Thirty two! That’s everyone!”

“Nope!” he popped the ‘p’. “I said multiple. Not two.”

I bit my lip. He had a point. I sighed. “You expect us to open all of these now?”

They nodded. I glanced at Natasha. “Let’s get to it then,” she said, and started taking gifts one by one, dividing them by whoever’s name was written on top.