⪻ 43 ⪼

This chapter is dedicate to... oned_styles12!

⪻⪻⪼⪼

H.

The sheets are soft against my skin, the fabric heating my barely clothed body as I shuffle around trying to find a more comfortable position to lie in. I had been in and out of consciousness for the last five minutes, trying hard not to wake entirely. Reaching out, my hand searches for the girl lying next to me, knowing the only way I'll be able to get back to sleep is if she's pressed to my chest.

My eyes snap open to meet an empty bed and a silent room, confusion taking over my every thought and feeling. My fingers drift across the mountains of sheets and duvet that had covered her shivering body last night, only now to drift across a covered mattress.

Worry begins to creep in bit by bit as I softly call out Annabelle's name whilst I sit up. I'm given no response as I stretch out my upper body and reach for my phone sitting on my bedside. Just as I'm scrolling through the awaiting notifications, hoping to find one from my girlfriend, I hear the door to the room opening and shutting.

Annabelle appears to be in her own little world, headphones in and her head in the clouds. She bops around with each step setting the two to-go cups she's holding onto the desk near the foot of the bed.

"Morning, darling." I say to her, my voice full of sleep, as she begins taking one headphone out of her ear. My voice startles her, causing her to jump and place and her hand to cover her heart.

"Oh, good morning." She answers, sending me a smile once she sees that I'm sitting up awake in bed. She turns around fully and I see she's wearing a her favourite skinny jeans and a jumper she bought a couple weeks ago when we went out, one that I absolutely love her in.

"I was wondering where you buggered off to, had me a bit worried." I admit to her as she picks the cups back up and walks over to her side of the bed, which just so happens to be my favourite side of the bed, but I compromise.

I've always slept on the right side of the bed, and so has Annabelle. Ultimately she won the fight of if we were to ever share a bed she'd be granted the right side, as long as I was able to cuddle her as much as I wanted.

Crawling up onto the mattress, Annabelle hands me the cup before taking a seat beside me and leaning back against the headboard. I thank her before taking a cautious sip, finding it to be a tea with just right amount of sweetness in it; just the way I like it.

"I just went and grabbed some coffee and tea, and took a little walk." She says to me, taking a sip of what I can only presume to be a heavy dose of coffee. She prefers coffee over tea, whilst I prefer the latter. "You were out cold so I figured you wouldn't miss me too much." Smiling over at Annabelle, I pucker my lips every so slightly and place a chaste kiss to her cheek causing her to wriggle at the sensation of my slight stubble on her cheek.

I offered to shave it for her, but she refused,stating she liked my face with a little stubble. SHe thought it was sexy, so who am I to deny my girl the face of a sexy man?

"Well, I did miss you, so much."

"Good, because I missed you too." Annabelle tells me, letting her eyes fall closed as she releases a deep yawn from the depths of her body.

"You seem tired." I point out, Annabelle peeking over at me with one eye. "How long have you been up?" I wonder, trying to remember the last time I felt Annabelle slip out of bed.

Annabelle warned me of her sleeping patterns before the first time I officially spent the night. She told me it takes her forever to fall asleep and then once she does; she enjoys tossing from side to side every so often, even when she's completely unaware; and lastly she gets up to wee at least once, if not twice, a night.