⪻ 18 ⪼

This chapter is dedicated to... sexylikenarry!

All of your predictions from last chapter were amazing! Send me some more this chapter, it's so fun to see xx

⪻⪻⪼⪼

I don't really remember exactly how I arrived home the night after my first date with Harry. I remember it being like I was walking on clouds, but the journey from the restaurant to my flat was pretty much unmemorable. My head just kept playing the date over and over in my head.

I fall victim to over-excitement after a first date, always have. My brain takes over and just hypes the whole journey up until I'm smiling from ear to ear. That date was no different, but perhaps more excitable. I honestly don't ever remember feeling that high off of life.

My happiness only surged farther when I returned home to find Edward and Niall cuddled up together on the sofa with the telly on. The scene had brought a smile to my lips, the boy I've loved for over five years warming my heart.

Thankfully, Niall had worked his magic pediatrician wonders, getting Edward to open up slightly. After accidentally making my brother cry from saying something along the lines of, your sister thinks you hate her, Niall said that they talked for over an hour, working through it. Whilst it isn't a quick fix, I have noticed a slight change in his attitude and a few more smiles.

Anywho, after two days I'm still on cloud nine. From Edward's slightly more pleasant attitude and the aftermath of a wonderful date with Harry, the smile on my lips barely falters. Even today with my blaring alarm and a nervous feeling in my stomach for the day to come.

Edward starts his new school today, only having a little over a month left of Year One. He's been quiet towards the subject of starting at a new primary school, but with the bribery of a new rucksack he's be extra quiet. I'm a bit scared for him. I know making new friends isn't easy at such a young age and I pray that the other kids don't bully him or something.

My nerves for the boy peaked dramatically upon waking him up after getting myself ready for the day. He moaned and groaned and after nearly five minutes of standing at the side of his bed he seemed to be getting up.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I ask him as I stand by the door with a tired expression on my face, mimicking that of the child across the room.

"I don't know." He answers in short. I purse my lips together before digging through his wardrobe and handing him the clothes we, or I, had decided on last night. Really there wasn't much deciding as it's a uniform he's to wear.

"Alright, I'll figure something out. Get dressed, buddy." Without a word of acknowledgement from Edward, I left the room and headed towards our small kitchen to prepare breakfast for the two of us.

Making breakfast for the family was sort of my job when we were all together. After the break up, I had many sleepless nights and baking and cooking were great pastimes for me. I dedicated my early mornings to preparing coffee for my father before work, muffins for my mother before her chores of the day, and then something extra sweet for the young boy. Now, baking breakfast seems more of a chore than it is fun.

Before I have time to do much preparing, there's knock at the front door, causing me to nearly jump out of my skin. We don't have many guests at a normal hour of the day, let alone eight in the morning.

Who in the world could that be?

I walk to the door, peeking through the peephole in the wood. A smile is immediately plastered on my face and I find myself having to fight the grin off. I don't want to seem too eager to see such a pleasant person, especially this early in the morning.