⪻ 06 ⪼

• इन्हें समर्पित: loren1995

This chapter is dedicated to the wonderful and lovely Loren1995!

Thank you to everyone who votes and comments on this story. This book is very special to me and the fact that you all love it is deeply meaningful to me xx

⪻⪻⪼⪼

I've never been a really trusting person. Of course I trusted my parents and the things they did for me or told me. But when it comes to trusting someone outside the family, I start to lose hope.

There was this one time in primary school where I trusted my "friend" Layla with my brand new set of colouring pencils. They were a gift from my mother and father for my sixth birthday. I absolutely adored them and after days of begging, my parents finally allowed me to take them to school. Unfortunately, Layla had found me talking to her "boyfriend" and sabotaged the colouring pencils after asking to borrow them.

Then there was this other time in sixth form where I asked a classmate to watch my homemade truffle cake whilst I got called out to speak with another instructor. The culinary class was a part of an after school enrichment course I was taking on top of my A-levels in French, Travel and Tourism, and Photography.Her instructions were quite simple, just take out the cake once the timer went off. Unfortunately for me, when I returned to the class I found my classmate flirting with the girl she liked across the room whilst my cake burned charcoal black and filled the room with smoke.

And of course, there is the story of the lying, cheating, arsehole that broke my heart. But that's another story for another day.

To simply put it, I've always had a few trust issues. So why I agreed to this was beyond me.

"And he likes to drink a cup of warm milk and be read a story before bed. Oh, he's never really been good away from home before either; can't even attend a sleepover without returning home in the early hours of the morning. He's not really allergic to anything, but he doesn't like strawberries and he may convince you he's allergic to them. You're stopping by the house in Northwich, correct? I know it's a long drive, but Edward having clothes and stuffed animals of his own may help him out. Or feel free to crash at the house if you'd like -"

"Annabelle, I think I've got it. I have taken care of a child before, and she was only two and a half." I nod my head, but continue to jot notes down on the pad Harry had brought me.

I'm a chronic worrier, sue me.

"I know and I trust you, it's just Edward can be a bit particular when it comes to some things. And I don't want you to be alarmed if he does or asks for something and you don't know how to handle it. You've got my number, right? That was the first thing I gave to you?"

"Phone number, home address, and house key, the first things you threw at me as I walked into the door." I nod my head, glancing down at my various keys that dangle from his hand. "I've also got the contact information to Edward's pediatrician, as well as the key to his flat so if anything goes wrong we can pay him a visit." He jokes, causing me to calm a bit and flash him a tiny grin.

"I'm sorry, I've just never done this before. He's only ever stayed with our parents or with me and my ex. He's taken quite a liking to you, so I really hope you won't have any issues."

"Great." Harry smiles largely and stands from the end of my bed where he had perched himself around ten minutes ago. "Now is he a bigger fan of a sky diving outing or a nice night at the pub?" My eyes widen at his question and I make a move to get out of bed and run to find my brother. "I'm joking, Belle."

I heave a sigh and relax back into my bed, shaking my head at the doctor. Over the last twenty-four hours he's really lightened up quite a bit, no more harsh orders or uptight attitudes.

Solace ~ h.s.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें