Chapter 45: Six Years Later

Six years later

As I walk out of the back door of our house and onto the sandy beach, I remember everything that has happened that got us to where we are today.

Not long after Adrian was born, Peeta and I moved from our apartment and we bought a big double storey house that was right on the beach and a short walk to the park.

Peeta finally had his restaurant opening, and is now the owner of one of the best restarants in the whole of California. You have to book months in advance to get a table reservation. I became manager of the sportsgood store after finding out I have a special passion for the outdoors. I had always loved it but I never truly recognised it.

Gale surprisingly came back from his "unplanned" world trip better than ever, despite Madge's passing. Not long after he got back, he and Johanna somehow became a thing. I'm surprised it has turned out as well as it has. He still has her photo in his wallet and he visits her grave often, but Johanna doesn't mind. She knows Madge was his first love and will always hold a spot in his heart.

Annie and Finn got married around four months after Adrian was born. They they now have a beautiful daughter, Skylar, and have another baby on the way.

Clove and Thresh soon became a part of our group of friends, and Clove and Cato have been inseparable ever since they met at Annie and Finn's wedding.

Delly found a handsome man, Thom, and she is happily engaged, their wedding being only a few short weeks away.

Prim has grown up so incredibly. She is now 22 years old and is dating Gale's little brother Rory. Rory and Prim liked each other for ages before he finally had the guts to ask her out. Prim has turned into a beautiful young woman, exactly like our mother was.

I haven't heard anything of Marvel or Glimmer since they got sent to jail, nor have I heard anything of that awful Snow. I am so relieved that Peeta and I can finally live a peaceful life with our family.

That's right. Our family. I walk down to where Peeta is sitting on the sand, watching our children splash in the shallows of the water.

"Hey," I say as I sit down next to him. He smiles and wraps an arm around me. I look out at Adrian, now 6 years old, playing with his little sister.

Willow was born 3 years after Adrian, and while Adrian is a complete image of Peeta with his curly blond hair, bright blue eyes and carefree, playful personality, Willow is not.

She is a carbon copy of me, except for her eyes. She has my tanned skin and dark hair. Her blue eyes are what sets us apart. She even has my fiery, stubborn personality, and Peeta thinks it can be pretty hilarious when we both gang up on him.

We also have another child on the way. We don't know what gender the baby will be, but he or she is only a few months away from arriving.

"Adrian, wait!" Willow screams at her brother as he swims further out into the water. "Adrian, stay where you can stand!" I call out and he slowly swims back to an angry looking Willow who is standing with her arms crossed, a frown on her face. "Don't run off," she warns him, before storming back up the sand towards me and Peeta.

Willow is a daddy's girl. She climbs into Peeta's lap and kisses his nose, which he scrunches up in turn and then kisses her nose as she giggles. I smile at how lucky I am to have them all in my life.

Willow reaches over and places a hand on my belly. "When the baby get here?" She asks in her tinkling voice and I kiss her forehead. "In two and a bit months." I say and she sighs angrily. "That's, like, four years away." She says in frustration and I laugh. "No, it's not that long." I say as she curls back up against Peeta's chest.

"Willow!" Adrian calls as he runs up the beach. "Play with me!" He grabs her hand and pulls her up from Peeta's arms. They run off giggling to play some game they created earlier in the day.

I look over and notice that both of their hats lay forgotten on the sand and I call out to them, "Adrian and Willow, put your hats on please!" Adrian runs back and pulls his hat on straight away, but Willow stomps over on her short legs, her arms crossed and a frown on her cute face.

"I don't want to wear a hat." She demands and Peeta speaks up. "You have to wear a hat today." He says and she frowns. "Why?" Peeta walks over and picks up her hat, placing it on her head and crouching down to her level. "Because," he says. "It's really hot and sunny outside today," and he kisses her forehead. The frown stays on her face but she doesn't take the hat off again like she would if it was me who put it there.

Peeta comes back over and sits behind me, pulling me against his chest, his hands resting on our unborn baby. "I want the baby to look like you." He whispers and kisses my neck. "You want another girl with a fiery attitude?" I smirk and I feel him smile against my neck. "I love your stubbornness, and Willow's." I weave my fingers through his.

"I want another miniature you." I say and he smiles. "Maybe he or she will be a bit of both of us." I nod my head. "I'd like that."

I turn around in his lap so I am straddling him as I bring my lips to his again and again. "Eww, stop!" I hear Willow demand as her and Adrian come over and sit on the sand next to us. I smirk at her before turning back to Peeta and kissing him deeply again.

"I love you." I whisper against his lips. "I love you too," he says back. "So, so much. You're so beautiful." I kiss him again, and I forget about everything else. I forget about Marvel and Snow, and I forget about everything that has happened. I focus on us, me and Peeta and our beautiful children. I pull away from his lips and rest my forehead against his.

"Stay with me." I whisper and I know his reply will last a lifetime; a lifetime of love.

"Always." He says, kissing me again.

_______________________________________
Edited by SunshineRainbow7

So now it's just the epilogue! You might want to prepare for this as I'm having a really hard time writing it and I'm sorry in advance for this. ~ what the hell are you going to do? I swear, if it's something horrible, I'm quitting! ~

Once again i will mention my new book which will be coming out as soon as this is finished. I will put out a notice when it is up.