Chp. 14 Snowball Fight...Need I say more?

Greetings my dreaming darlings! Another chapter, thanks to blazingkleptomaniac. Her compliments urged me to post this. It is finally the snowball fight! Who will win? And what twists are waiting at the end?

Please comment at the end about your thoughts and such? Tell me who you’re rooting for; Seamus and Jacky or Draco and Jacky? Or could there be a third pairing in the making? Read on! And please! Vote! The video on the side was a cute medley I found. Thought I would share it with you all. Enjoy!

…………………………………………………………………………………………

A man who has never made a woman angry is a failure in life.” – Christopher Morley

“Need help?” I jump as I walked along the seventh corridor. I was holding rolls of the signs and hadn’t noticed anyone else approach. It was too early for any sane student to be up, the morning birds having just started to chirp and the weak sunlight flickering through the castle windows.

“Yes, thank you.” I respond quietly. He looks so tired and exhausted; I couldn’t find it in me to refuse. I handed him half of the rolls and kept a strict three foot distance between us.

“How have you been?” he whispers as I tacked up two rolls on the Great Hall doors.

“Great. Just spiffy.” I turn and head to the Hufflepuff common room.

“Why are you lying?”

“I don’t feel much like speaking the truth, Draco.” He sighs but keeps quiet.

“Why aren’t you getting any sleep?” I finally ask as I clamber back out of the badger room. I had shocked a few early risers, but they had gotten over it after seeing the posters. The Hufflepuffs were in for sure.

“I don’t want to say.” He responds.

“Why not?”

“Because I don’t want to lie to you.” I falter but shake it off, heading all the way back up to the Ravenclaw Tower. He follows me silently, his body heat almost searing me as he got closer.

I knock on the eagle, ignoring the Slytherin as he stops next to me.

“A vessel have I,

That is round as a pear,

Moist in the middle,

Surrounded with hair;

And often it happens

That water flows there.” I pursed my lips and thought.

“An eye” I look over as we spoke at the same time. He smiles wryly.

“I’m smart too.” I roll my eyes and clamber in, quickly posting the posters and leaving. No one was there to see. Probably recovering from a week of studying, those braniacs.

“Can you put these up in your common room please? And rally some people to go?” I ask him as we walk back down the staircase. He nods and takes the last three from me.

“Thank you for helping me. It was nice to have some company.” I say softly. He touches my arm gently.

“I’m so sorry.” He was gone before I could respond and I slide down against the wall.

“Sorry doesn’t cut it.” I hiss; knowing he couldn’t hear me. No, sorry was not good enough. He hurt an innocent person. He knew what had just happened to Katie and yet he continued on with it anyway. A few minutes of walking in companionship and a few words were no apology. Not after everything he’s done.