Chp. 10 A Party for the Houses

"Drug of Choice? Adrenaline." - Unknown.

Jacky’s P.o.V.

It was finally here. The most anticipated Gryffindor party of the year. It raged from dusk till dawn and took three days to recover from. That’s right, Halloween was here.

And everybody was so not looking forward to it. With Katie’s attack and daily reports of death eater visits to families, many people were down and out of it.

Well I wouldn’t have it. I was sad too but she would get better. So the day of the party, I sent all fifth year students and up an invite to meet in the Room of Requirement at seven. An invitation that may or may not have had a compulsion charm on it and a hex that would entice the invitee to come quickly should they fail to show between seven and eight p.m.

I leapt off the ladder, observing our work. Seamus winked at me from across the room and I blushed deeply. I was planning on asking him something very important soon. I just hoped he agreed.

“There, finished.” He called. The room had a giant dance floor, with each of the corners holding something different that divided the room into four sections. One had a vampire theme, filled with coffins and fake blood for drinks, fangs and bats (real ones mind you, we don’t do half-ass in Gryffindor) hung from the ceiling and I had enchanted several balls to fly specifically in that corner as bats and go up to people’s ears and say things like “I vant to suck your blood!” or “Let’s grab a bite to eat.”

Another corner was Mummies, with Egyptian themed stuff. Sand and those creepy tomb beetles littered the floor and it was very hot in that corner. I had “borrowed” a few sheets from Madame Pomfrey and enchanted them to walk about the corner as the mummies.

The next corner was underwater demons. It actually was filled with water. Just that section. Everybody, on entrance to the ROR, would have to drink a teaspoon of potion that would allow them to breathe for an entire day underwater with ease. It was filled with fake grindylows and kelpies and other aquatic creepers.

The last corner was dedicated to Trolls, banshees, and ogres. Statues of the first and last ranged about the corner, with banshees popping up out of the ground and giving screams.

Music was different for each one and a crafty spell from a party book allowed me to make it so none of them overlapped each other. There was a small hallway entrance immediately to the left of the door that led to bathrooms and a sitting area for kids to sit and take a breather. Candy bowls littered the floor, floating about in the air.

“I’m awesome.” I sigh. Seamus slings his arm about his waist, pulling my face to his in a quick, steamy kiss. I reacted, starting to like the way his kisses pushed a certain blonde from my mind.

“Hey, none of that!” We broke apart as Dean and Ginny walked in. She shot Dean an annoyed look, which he ignored, and came up to greet.

“This looks amazing. But are you going as a Hogwarts student or something?” She gestured to my lack of costume. She was dressed as a mermaid, with a shimmering dress that closed somewhat tightly around her legs and fanned out behind her like a tail. Her face was decorated in glitter and wavy patterns while seashells adorned her hair.

“Me? Go as I am? No way! I’m going as a Dragon.” I checked my watch.

“And I have to go to get ready by seven. Seamus, you too. Gather up any late-goers Gin!” I call as I haul Seamus out. He lets me, not stopping me until we’re almost to the portrait.

“Hold on a second darlin’. You’ll pull me arm right outta me socket!” He complains playfully. I grin at him and pull to a stop. He glances around secretly before grabbing my waist and pushing me back against the wall. I stare at him, surprised and slightly turned on.

“Careful Seamus, you’re going to get burned.” I smile slyly. He raises a brow and brought his lips to mine, moving them heatedly against my lips. I kissed him back, the magic of this holiday fueling my desire for once.

“I love Halloween.” Seamus says goofily as we walk into the common room with our fingers laced. I blush as he attempts to flatten his mussed hair and fix his shirt. So we might have gotten a bit touchy. Just a bit!

“Jacky, your skirt is a bit sideways.” Hermione smirks as she walks past. She’s wearing a house-elf costume, complete with the ears and her uniform, though shabby, looks great. It is a potato sack, but a very stylish one at that.

“Hermione, Ron is going to ravish you tonight.” I retort. She blushes deeply.

“You’ll have to get him drunk for that.”

“Challenge accepted.” She rolls her eyes and hurries out of the entrance. I quickly fix my skirt and tuck in my shirt. I catch Seamus watching smugly and smack his arm.

“Stop looking so bloody proud.” I grumble. He chuckles and grabs the back of my neck for a quick kiss before rushing up to his dorm to get ready. I roll my eyes and do the same.

Later, I pulled on the last accessory and amble down to the common room. Seamus was there, looking adorable in his leprechaun costume. He’d even charmed his hair red and charmed himself a scruffy beard.

“My heart’s about to burst, lad. I love a man in green.” I say in a thick Irish accent. He winks and looks over me appreciatively.

“And I love fiery women Jacky. Ready to go?”

“One second.” I aim my wand at myself and mutter under my breath the spell I had found.

“Watch this.” I winked at Seamus right before I opened my mouth and breathed a stream of purple fire. He jumped back before applauding and whooping.

“That was wicked! And we’re five minutes late. Let’s go!” He ushered me out, turning it into a race to the Room.

I won.

……………………………….

Draco’s P.o.V.

I leaned against the wall, wishing I was able to drown in the water side of this party. I admit, Grace was a genius. Not a single part of me was wet, but I could swim and breathe perfectly fine. Kudos to her, I guess.

Not that she was looking my way anymore. Now it was like I hardly existed to the girl. It was annoying the crap out of me but what was I to do?

“Dance with someone, mate. Astoria’s looking lonely.” Blaise prods me as he passes with some Ravenclaw fifth year. I roll my eyes. Yeah, I probably should.

I looked over at the sluttily dressed girl, who looks like a cat.

Or I shouldn’t.

“Attention fellow Hogwartians!” I look up to see Grace standing in the very center of the room. I straighten up when I see what she’s wearing. Skin tight material, that’s not quite leather, and not quite silk. It’s a bronze that glitters intensely and clings lovingly to her hips and shoulders. It goes down her arms, yet has circles cut into it repeatedly. It stops mid-thigh but has long chains of delicate metal that chime as she moves that reach down to her ankles. Deadly looking claw-rings grace her fingers and her eyes are enchanted a magical green-yellow. Her hair is like it is filled with electricity, crackling around her. Her face is covered in what looks like glittery scales, and to finish it off, a trail of thin, white spikes runs from the back of her head down her back to the end of her hips.

“Damn, that’s one hot witch.” Blaise mutters. Draco jumps as he realizes his friend had come to stand next to him.

“Welcome to the third annual Gryffindor Halloween party! Thank you all for coming.”

“Not like we had a choice!” Some Hufflepuff yells. Grace smiles sheepishly.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. Without further ado, and I assure you to take this to the max, get freaky people!” She shouts, ending it with a bright stream of fae purple fire. The hordes of students around me cheered and clapped before the music turned up even louder and the party really started.

I couldn’t tear my eyes away as Grace grabbed on to some bloke’s hand and began dancing sexily, twisting around each other and laughing. I grit my teeth and look away. Damn Gryffindor is playing with my mind again.

“Astoria, want to dance?” I call.