Chapter 35: TV

Your trip in South Korea has been amazing. Hana couldn't be happier sharing her country with her son and husband. When she was happy, you were happy. Your son was taking this all in with wonder. He may not remember a lot of it when he gets older, but this will definitely not be his last time here.

Tonight was your last day in Seoul before you'd head to Busan. Hana couldn't wait to see her family again and was trying to teach (s/n) some Korean for the encounter. Unfortunately, (s/n) wasn't as motivated as his mom was in learning some Korean. He'd rather play in the hotel room with a couple of the toys you bought for him while here. Apart from this though, she seemed happy.

"So are you ready to film your appearance on Korean television tonight?" Hana asks you, just laying in bed. You both had just woken up and were discussing the day in quiet tones since (s/n) was still sleeping.

"To be honest, I'm really nervous. I mean, I've been interviewed for TV before obviously, but this is Korean TV. My Korean vocabulary is limited. I know you'll be there to translate, but still. I want to leave a good impression for both my country and yours." You say.

"Relax, (y/n). It'll be fine. You think you're the only non-native speaker to be on Korean TV? We've had plenty of foreign people on these shows since the early 21st century, probably before, too. Old celebrities like Gordon Ramsay and Jack Black were on Korean TV and they knew little to no Korean. You know more than them. Besides, I can translate and they'll have a thing to put in your ear for you to understand what's going on."

"It better be more reliable than Google Translate."

Hana giggles. "Of course it will be."

You smile and kiss "Gamsa cheonsa (thanks angel)."

"Anieyo (you're welcome). See? That's some Korean you know."

"Yeah. I guess so."

"Well, better get ready. I'll take my shower first. You wake up (s/n)."

"But what if I want to join you?"

"We don't want the risk of (s/n) waking up and not seeing his parents. He'd probably be worried sick, especially if he hears certain noises from the restroom."

"Fair enough."

You quickly kiss and Hana gets up to head to the bathroom to do her morning routine. You go next to (s/n)'s bed and see him sleeping soundly. You smile to yourself as you kneel by the bedside. He looks so peaceful, eyes closed and breathing softly. Hard to believe he was yours and Hana's son.

You kiss his forehead and shake him softly. "Hey (s/n). Time to wake up."

(S/n) moves a bit and blinks his eyes repeatedly. He puts a hand up to block the lighthia from his eyes. When he opens his eyes, he sees you smiling at him and smiles back, happy to see his daddy.

"Hi (s/n). Sleep well?" You ask your son, who smiles and nods. He moves his hand across his face, wiping away some of the sleep.

You talk to (s/n) while Hana does her routine. When she comes out, you help (s/n) with his  routine before doing your own morning routine. Once all of you finish and eat in the hotel room, you walk around Seoul. You have (s/n) sitting on your shoulders as you walk around, Hana by your side.

"I will never get tired of seeing this city." You say, looking up at all the skyscrapers.

"Me too. We rebuilt fairly quickly after the crisis, and with MEKA only getting stronger, it's nice to see my country's progress of being rebuilt." Hana says.

"Indeed it is. You know, you were not kidding when you said there were a lot of restaurants here."

"Yeah there are a ton. You can probably never go hungry while living here."