Chapter 11: Seollal

A few months have gone by and you were getting pretty good at this Overwatch thing. You started to master using your suit with the shards and started to try other things with the suit, like conjuring a whip or even a mech so you could fight with Hana. The fighting simulations were great practice, too. At first, you definitely needed help, but like most things, after some practice you learn from your mistakes. Example, don't blindly go in front of a firing Bastion unit.

Speaking of Hana, you two have grown closer, if that was even possible, during your training. You had some help from other agents, too. Genji was very helpful with the shard training and Mercy helped you in the art of healing. However, you loved the time you and Hana spent together, whether it was sparring in the dojo, at the fighting simulations, or just having fun together. You two were pretty much inseparable.

One morning you wake up and you don't see Hana sleeping next to you. This was unusual, since you were usually woke up before Hana. You get out of the bed and see that her bunny slippers are not by the bed. I guess she hasn't gotten dressed you think.

You proceed to get out of bed and rub the sleep out of your eyes. You start your morning routine and when you enter the bathroom, you see Hana, dressed, packing some toiletries.

"Morning (y/n)" Hana says.

"Hey Hana." You say still trying to wake up.
You two quickly kiss and Hana resumes packing. "What are you packing up for? Being deployed?"

"No. I'm heading home for a bit for Seollal."

"Oh yeah. Seollal. Ummm. What is Seollal?"

Hana giggles. "Seollal is a traditional holiday in Korea. It's basically the Korean New Year. Families see each other again as they spend the holiday together, some coming from across town or traveling overseas to head home, like what we're doing."

"Interesting. Wait. Did you just say we?"

"Of course! You're coming too. I see you as family, and so does the rest of my family because of a few years ago, so you're joining me in this."

"I don't know Hana. I barely even know the language. Let alone I just found out what Seollal is."

"Come on (y/n). It'll be fun. Half my family speaks English already and I can translate stuff for you if you need it. We can go over Korean phrases and traditions on the ride there. I already cleared it with Winston. He said he was okay with it. Please?" She said, looking at you with her beautiful brown eyes. Her please was a genuine one and not a playful one she does when she wants you to buy extra food for her.

You sigh. "Alright. I'm open to trying this. I just hope I don't dishonor your traditions."

"You'll be fine. The fact that someone western is doing this is enough to make my family happy. And don't worry. I already packed your things."

"Did you remember to pack-"

"Yes, yes I did."

"Okay. You finish packing. I'm going to get ready for the day and we'll pick something up from the mess hall on the way to the transport."

Hana nods and finishes packing. You get ready for the day and head out to the mess hall with Hana. You grab two egg sandwiches and give one to Hana. Mei is also in the mess hall and says she's heading to China for her New Year, already dressed in some red traditional clothes. You talk a bit more and head to the hangar, taking one of the available transports.

You sit next to Hana on the transport as it starts to take off. Once it's in the air and en route to Busan, Hana starts to teach you some Korean.

"You know how to say hello, right."