Chapter 15: 16-bit Hero

"Come on. Let's go."

You start to be shaken awake by the brown-haired Korean beauty.

"Go where? Is it worth getting rid of precious shut eye?" You say clutching your pillow.

"Where else? PAX!" She says.

You sorta smirk, but then lay your head down again.

"Check the calendar. We've got two more weeks." You say.

"Huh?" Hana says, confused.

She gets off of you and checks the calendar on her phone. She groans in frustration about you being right and puts the phone away.

"Sorry. I thought we had to leave." She says.

"Well for starters it's not today since we're at Gibraltar and not San Antonio. Also, we haven't decided what to go as."

"Sorry for waking you. You can go back to sleep now."

"Well, I'm up now, so I should get moving."

Hana looks a bit crestfallen. She has been looking forward to this for a while. Every gamer loved PAX, a convention where game companies show off their new games, vendors sell game related merchandise, and you could play new or older games on consoles, PC, handhelds, or even tabletop games. There are several PAXs. The one you were going to was in San Antonio, Texas. P0W3R was having a panel, and you guys were actually part of the panel despite not being on the team anymore. It would be nice to see your old friends in person again instead of in game, though that was fun too.

You get up and hug Hana. "Just a little bit longer. That's all. Then we'll be having fun at PAX South." You say.

"But I want it to happen now. I miss our old friends, (y/n). I miss seeing Werner and Felix having light saber duels. I miss Carolina's love for cats. I miss Elliot's fun personality and Sakura's cheerful attitude." She says.

"We can stream with them tonight if you want."

"It's not the same. I want to see them in person."

"We'll see them soon. You just have to be patient, like how I was when you first joined Meka. I didn't see you for several months."

"But that's easy for you. I'm different."

You sigh and you two sit on the foot of the bed. Hana lays her head on your shoulder and you put your arm around her.

"I just haven't seen them in a long time. We're all over the place. Elliot in Australia, Werner in Germany, Sakura in Japan. Then the other two in America. We're just so far apart. It's hard to see each other again." She says.

"We are seeing them again. You just have to wait. The longer you wait, the more special it will be."

Hana kisses your cheek and it's silent for a bit. Then you get an idea.

"You want to visit the 16-bit hero?" You ask.

Hana's face lights up. "Yeah! I love the arcade! I'm going to own you in Lost Vikings VI."

"Hey. Aren't you forgetting Street Fighter II is there too?"

"We can either talk about it or we can actually go there now."

"Well aren't you demanding."

Hana giggles and takes your arm to drag you to the garage. She grabs her car (a pink Ferrari 458 Italia) and starts to drive to the 16 bit Hero. She puts on some K-pop, but you turn it off.