Chapter 33: Double the love

You and Hana were walking along Hermosa Beach with (s/n) in the stroller. It was a bit of a drive from where you lived, but it was worth it to see the beauty. You weren't directly on the beach since you had the stroller, so you and Hana were on the sidewalk with the nice beach houses to your right and the sandy beach to your left as the sound of crashing waves and seagulls filled the air.

"You know, it's nice to be able to have these walks." You say pushing the sleeping (s/n) in the stroller.

"Ye (에). We never had this amount of free time back when we were at Overwatch." Hana says.

"Well, we kinda had more free time than the others still."

"Oh yeah. Thanks, stardom!"

"Haha. Indeed."

"(Y/n)?"

"Yes?"

"I want ice cream."

"Congratulations. I want a dolphin but you don't hear me announcing it to the world."

"Shut up (y/n)!" Hana playfully punches your arm and you share a laugh. "But seriously I want ice cream."

"I know, but you can't have everything you want."

"Come on!" Hana then does that pleading face that always gets you. "Please?"

You hold a straight face. For two seconds. "Crap! Why are you so cute?"

Hana giggles. "It's one of the several wonders of the world, along with why are you so handsome, why is (s/n) so adorable, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop, and why does McCree never know the correct time."

"The world may never know." You kiss each other. "I think there may be an ice cream shop a couple blocks away from here. We'll get you some and then head back to the car to go home."

"Yeah we should get going soon if we want to have enough time to get ready for our double date with Elliot and Sakura."

"No. We do not want to be late."

You continue walking a few more blocks just talking until you get to a dessert shop that sold cupcakes, ice cream, various types of fudge, etc. The smell of sweets filled the store, and you couldn't help but crave something. Hana was already looking at the displays by the counters, trying to figure out what to get.

"I thought you wanted ice cream." You say.

"I do, but look at all these other sweets! They look so delicious!" She says.

"You and your sweet tooth."

"Don't pretend you don't want anything."

"I don't."

"You liar. I can tell you want something. It says it in your eyes."

"Fine. Maybe I do."

As you're discussing what to get, a fan no older than 13 notices you two and can't help but fangirl over her favorite streamers being in the same store as her. You and Hana, along with her mom, calm her down before she causes a scene. You get your picture taken with her and she looks at little (s/n), who's awake and doing that cute smile you love. Fortunately there's no one in line. Eventually she lets you be (thanks to her mom) and you buy your treats, as well as a couple of things to bring home later.

You and Hana sit on a wall by the beach, having (s/n) sitting next to you as Hana eats her ice cream sandwich and you eat your cookies and cream cupcake. The sound of the ocean waves brings a sort of feeling of peace as you munch on your snack.