[Chapter:24] (First Attempt)

Andrea Pov

It's been two days since I last saw Venice and Maximus and I'm having a trouble thinking of some explanation why they suddenly disappeared and reappeared together while laughing their ass off like a sweet couple across the street? I was just following them with my eyes while staring at Venice lively face. She looks like a fucking innocent teenager walking side by side with her ‘boyfriend.’

I was a bit startled when a car stops in front of me. The shotgun seat window slowly opened, revealing a man I least wanted to see today. He looked at me with a dark face and said. "Get in."

Umiling ako. "No, I rather walk than to be inside a car with you driving."

Wala itong salitang binitawan at bigla na lamang lumabas sa kanyang kotse at pinangko ako papasok sa kotse niya. I was too shock to even move, natauhan lamang ako ng mag simulang umandar ang kotse. I glared at him and God knows how badly I want to punch him hard in the face right now.

"What the hell is your problem, Jayce?" I asked while adjusting the ac of the car.

"That fucking Maximus is my problem."

I looked at him, confuse. "He's your friend and your leader. So why the hell are you mad at your boss?"

Bumagal ang takbo ng sasakyan at nilingon niya ang kabilang kalsada kung saan nag lalakad sila Venice. "He was with Venice the entire two days they were gone missing. They were at the underground hospital, together, and he didn't even inform us. We were all over the place, trying to find them. I even thought they were held hostage by some crazy shit mafia or gangsters that was brave enough to come close with them. I was so worried and they were just slacking of for two days without saying anything to us."

I was looking at Jayce face and I can see how mad he is. "Why are that mad? Shouldn't we be grateful that those two finally talked to each other without firing a bullet through one another?"

"That's the thing, Andrea! Our enemies is all over the place trying to get some information that they can use against us. Alam mo namang ang grupo nating dalawa ang natitirang harang para makamit nila ang gusto nila and then they did this." He said while motioning to the two.

"And you know what's more fuck up?" He asked.

"Ano?"

Kinuha naman nito ang laptop na nasa likod at binuksan ito. He then showed me a cctv video and when he started playing it I lost it. "What the actual hell?" It's Venice and Maximus raiding one of their partner group.

The video ended when Maximus was dragging a body on the stairs. He saw the camera and shot it down.

"Who's body was getting drag by Maximus?"

He closed his laptop before answering me. "Dragon Eye leader, Moscov and apparently he's dead. He was killed in the underground hospital, I'm not even surprised it happened." Naiiling nitong sabi.

And when his laptop beep like some kind of warning he immediately opened it and tap away. He's brow furrowed. "I'm getting a warning signal in these area but I cannot find anything around us. If it's coming from above we would hear it, except its a..." He's eyes suddenly became wide opened.

"Shit!" He then drove the car towards Venice and Max.

He opened the door on his side making the two startled. "Get in! There's a fucking missile coming!" He shouted. Agad namang pumasok ang dalawa ng walang sinasabi at agad na pinaharurot paalis ni Jayce ang kotse.

Jayce started to talk to his car. "Fuck, I'm sorry baby but you have to drive fast or else we are all gonna die." Bigla naman nitong inabot sa akin ang laptop niya na tunog ng tunog.

He slightly looked at my direction. "Do everything that you can to disarm that fucking missile while I get you some time." He said and I started to get to work in response.

I can't believe I'm using Jayce laptop. He's security system was always unhackable and now here I am using his system to save our asses from a missile that suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

I cursed when I saw the missile target. "Shit! The missile is targeting the love birds in the back."

"That's why you have to disarm the missile before we go exploding!" Jaycr shouted back and increase his speed.

I almost slammed the laptop down when an error appeared. "Fuck, it needs a password and we don't have enough time if I hack it." I said while clenching my jaw tighly and try again to hack the missile system.

I nearly shout in so much happiness when I got connected in. When I set the missile to another target it was nearly close to our car and nearly blow us all out.

Hinihingal na tinigil ni Jayce ang kotse niya at tinignan ako. "Where did you send that missile?" I just grinned and started counting down. "One, two, three." And when I stopped counting we all heard an explosion coming from the sky. Sinilip ko naman ang kalangitan gamit ang bintanang nasa gilid at napangisi ng makita ang malakas na pagsabog ng missile.

"Damn, that's why fireworks are being banned. It can literally blow you up." I commented while watching a scrapped of metal falling down the sky. It landed next to the car, nag katinginan kami at sabay na nag babaan sa kotse.

Pagbaba pa lamang namin ay kitang kita namin ang madaming taong nagsilabasan para tignan ang pinagsimulan ng saglit na paglindol. Nilapitan naman namin ang malaking piraso ng metal na nasisiguro kong galing sa missile na sumabog sa kalangitan. I read the words engraved on it. "First attempt."

Pagkabasa ko palang sa salitang nasa metal ay iisang tao lang ang pumasok sa isip ko. "He's already starting?" I whispered to myself and seems like they heard it.

"Who's he?" Maximus asked.

"None of your business."

He's face darkened. "It is my business." Pagdidiin nito sa mga salita. "That missile almost kill us all and you say its none of my business?" I shrugged.

"I think its time for an emerging." Venice suddenly said and walk away towards the crowd. Hindi naman namin siya hinabol at nag katinginan lamang.

"To what?" They both ask like an idiot.

I rolled my eyes. "I think she's referring to your group, idiots." I said then walk out too. Hindi lang si Venice ang kayang mag walk out sa harap ng dalawang yun, I can too!

***

|Edited • Revised| \(^0^)/