A Day Off

Without a doubt, everybody was enjoying the stress free days

Without a doubt, everybody was enjoying the stress free days. No bullies to worry about, or monsters from another dimension to worry about, all was great.

But you were the only one that seemed smart enough to not fully relax yet. Everybody else had given up and started acting as if nothing had ever happened, which you found stupid of them. When did they ever get a break from things?

As much as you enjoyed the freedom too, you couldn't help but wonder what was next to come. There was always another chapter in the story, and you dreaded the day this chapter ended.

But, complaining about it and dreading the future would do nothing but bring you down, so you tried to enjoy the time given to you. After all, this could be the last day you were all together.

You pressed your palms over your already closed eyes, letting out a loud groan in the process. Morning thoughts were always so negative for you. It didn't help that it was raining, either, so you doubted you'd be able to see anyone but Richie. But you were okay with that. He was your favorite, after all. He really liked rainy days, too, because that was when you were in the mood to watch movies with him, and he loved that.

So, when he woke up to the booming thunder outside, he turned to look at you with a toothy grin, and you gave a short laugh, already knowing what was running through his mind. You sighed and nodded, and he jumped up, running out of the room and down the stairs.

"I'll bring the blankets!" You heard him yell from down the hall, his voice getting consistently quieter the further he went. You simply chuckled, jogging down the stairs and crashing onto the couch in front of the TV. Thank god his parents weren't home. (wink)

It took Richie a few minutes to come back downstairs, but when he did, his face was covered by a big pile of blanket. He plopped down next to you on the couch, laying the blanket over you before getting back up.

"Whatcha wanna watch?" He asked, grabbing the remote and flipping through the channels. You shrugged in response, pulling the blanket up to your chest and hugging it against you. Richie groaned, and just played one of his favorite movies.

You had fallen asleep a little over halfway through the movie, and Richie slung his arm around you to pull you closer. Richie wanted to stay up, not just to finish the movie, but to watch over you. He thought it would be creepy to watch you sleep, so he forced his eyes to the screen in front of him. It was a war in his mind. Watch you or the movie. What a stupid war to have.

"Richie?" You asked, your eyes now open. It took you a couple of seconds to realize the position both of you were in, but you didn't care. After all, Richie was a great cuddler.

"Mornin' sleepyhead." Richie waved with his free hand, a grin on his face. You simply waved back, then turned your eyes toward the screen. The movie only had about 20 minutes left.

When the movie actually ended, you got up. Richie frowned and got up with you, looking down at you. "Why are you getting up? There's plenty of other movies on! C'mon, spend time with me!" He pleaded.

"Richie, I was stretching." You explained simply, and his frown turned upside down. A small laugh escaped your lips.

"Oh."

You both sat back down, rewrapping yourselves in the blanket and got back into the position you were previously in. Instead of worrying about what may come, you decided to enjoy what you already have. Maybe you should just sit back and relax. After all, this may be your last chance to.

Word Count; 651

A/N; HEY WHATS UP YOU GUYS, YES! So, after realizing it's been months since my last update, I decided to update before summer break ends. I know it's really late, and I'm sure nobody reads this story anymore, but I felt like I needed to update. Thank you so much for sticking by me, and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. See you next week~

I