The Quarry

You woke up on the floor. You blinked in confusion, trying to remember everything that happened last night.

~Last night~

Your mom had come back, so your aunt finally left. You weren't fully aware of where your mom went, but all you knew was that she entered the house fucking pissed and drunk. You had been downstairs, putting the last dish away, when you turned to see who walked in the door. Fuck, it was your mom. She stumbled over to you, Teeth drawn back into a snarl. "This place is a mess, why weren't you cleaning?"

"M-mom, I was. I'm doing the dishes and I just swept, I've been the only one doing things around here since you fucking left!" You snapped, no longer afraid of what she had to say to you. She didn't deserve the title of being a mom, especially since she couldn't even watch over her own kid. You felt a burning sensation on your right cheek, a new red mark from where your mom hit you. "Don't talk to me like that again." She growled, grabbing the collar of your shirt.

You were sick of her shit. You shoved her away, a heartbroken cry escaping your throat as you rushed upstairs. "Don't worry, I'm never talking to you again." You whispered to yourself as you sharply turned into your room, slamming and locking the door. You hurriedly grabbed some clothes, shoving them into your empty backpack. You grabbed your bag of makeup, thankful that your notebook and pens were already packed.

You gasped as a loud bang sounded from your door and you threw your pack on your back, then threw your window open, taking a last glance at your room, then jumped out. You jumped out just in time too, because your mom had knocked the door down.

You hit the floor with a thud, groaning at the sudden impact. It wasn't too far of a drop, but you didn't really care about the pain that surged through your knees as you ran over to your bike, jumping on and pedaling to wherever. You unknowingly pedaled to Richie's.

Shit, it had been past midnight when you left. It was probably 1 AM now. You stopped in front of Richie's house, picked up a rock and chucked it at his window. You listened as the impact made a gentle 'tap' noise. You didn't expect a response, but you heard Richie's window slide open and he peered out, eyes widening when he saw you.

You hadn't realized you were crying until he ran outside and wiped the tears from your face. "Doll, what happened? Why are you crying?" All you could do was let out a loud sob, pressing your forehead against his shoulder, letting your tears roll off your cheek and land on the sidewalk, sinking into the pavement. His worried eyes stayed on you. "Cmon, lets go inside, it's freezing and you're wearing shorts and a T-shirt."

He lead you inside, and you gratefully followed. His parents were asleep, the two of you still sneaking past them and headed upstairs to his room. You tiredly set your bag on the floor while Richie went to go get some blankets and pillows so he could sleep on the floor, but by the time he came back, you were asleep, using your bag as a pillow. He smiled sadly, wrapping a blanket around you and hopping onto his bed, soon falling asleep.

Everything now came back to you. You looked up at Richie's bed but found it empty, and you pushed yourself back on your feet. You quietly opened his door and walked out, taking a better look around his house. As you were about to turn the corner to go down the stairs, you heard Richie's voice. "Mom, you up?"

"What is it, Richie?" She snapped, looking up from her book. Richie blinked emotionlessly. "Can I go to the quarry with my friends today?" He asked, and the amount of relief that washed over you blocked out the rest of the conversation. You were afraid he'd tell his mom about you. "Y/N?" Richie whispered, snapping you out of your thoughts. "Thanks for helping me out last night." You interrupted. That was all you could think to say.

"Of course, you can stay as long as you need to. My mom's only home for a couple hours, and my dad is always out working or with friends. It all works out." He explained, and you gave him a small, hopeful smile. "Wanna go to the quarry still? It'll be fun." You giggles and nodded, standing up straight. "Of course I do."

Once Richie's mom left, Richie let you use the bathroom upstairs and told you where the extra toothbrushes were. You thanked him and the two of you got ready to go. Once you were done, you walked out, wrapped in only a towel. You opened the door, grabbed your bag, then walked back into the bathroom.

You just wore a simple sundress, which caused to Richie unknowingly stare. "Rich? Hello?" You waved your hand in front of his face and he blinked awkwardly, leaning back. "Sorry, didn't mean to stare." You started to get self conscious, but soon forgot as you got to the quarry. Ben had tagged along this time, and the six of you stared down at the water. Everyone stripped down to their underwear but you, and you let your dress drop down, leaving you in your undergarments.

"Whose first?" Eddie gulped, and you shook your head. "I'll go!" A familiar cheery voice rang from behind you, and you turned around to face Beverly Marsh. She too, took off her dress, leaving her in her undergarments, then ran up to the edge. "Babies." She teased as she jumped off.

"What the fuck?!" Richie exclaimed, everyone watching in pure shock as she hit the water. "Did we just get shown up by a girl?!" Eddie shrieked, and Bill only smirked. "Y-you did." He sassed, then followed Beverly into the water.

Everyone soon followed, you and Richie jumping together last. After a couple seconds of splashing each other, Beverly got onto Bill's shoulders and you got onto Richie's. You and Beverly giggled and splashed each other, Beverly eventually falling back, bringing Bill with. "Hah!" Richie yelled triumphantly. Bill yanked Richie's leg, causing you to fall back with him. Both of your heads resurfaced at the same time, you choking because you had been laughing as you fell.

Richie picked you up out of the water, looking down at you as if he was a hero. In your eyes, he was a hero. "You good? You fell pretty hard for me." He teased, and you lightly smacked him. "You're the one who fell." You defended as he set you down and the two of you swam over to land. You all sat on a large rock facing the water.

You guys had all been listening to Bust A Move, but you felt eyes on you. Richie and Eddie were staring at you, Ben and Bill were staring at Beverly, and Stan was staring at both of you. You and Beverly sat up, and you caught Richie staring, but only for a second. He quickly looked at Ben, who started unzipping his bag. Richie carelessly reaches in and looked through his folder. "Who'd you get a postcard from?" He asks, and Ben snatched the slip of paper from him, shoving it in his bag. "Nobody."

After a couple of minutes of looking at the history of Derry and even some other places, you got on the topic of missing kids. "On average, about 6 people a year go missing, and that's just adults. Kids are worse. Way, way worse." Ben explains with a serious tone, sending a shiver down your spine. "Oh, great." You whisper, Richie glancing at you as everyone got up and headed to Ben's, but you and Richie headed back to his place.

I guess you're living with Richie for the time being.

Word count; 1,345
A/N; IM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE! I JUST GOT BACK FROM A PARTY AND I HAD TO TAKE MIDTERMS THIS WEEK SO I'VE BEEN BUSY :((. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER, CYA NEXT TIME!