Survival

When you re-opened your eyes, you were laying in the same sewer

When you re-opened your eyes, you were laying in the same sewer. You slowly stood up, looking around. "Richie?" You whispered shakily, your fading echo the only response. Panic bubbled in your chest, and you continued looking around, running.

Everything was darker and dustier. Your heavy breathing filled your ears as you ran, you unknowingly calling out, "Richie!"

Soon you came across a small light, and you lightly pressed your palm against it, the goo starting to break. You stepped back, held out your hand, and concentrated. Soon, the goo began to widen, and you finally stopped using your powers and pushed through.

Your first instinct was to run to Richie's house, and so you did. The bad men were at his house, talking to him and asking him questions. You watched from a distance, that is, until he looked your way. You knew it was too dangerous, so you ran.

You ran, the bad men attempting to search for you. Luckily, they couldn't find you, and so, you lived in the woods for awhile. That is, until a woman found you. She had soft brown eyes and a nice smile.

"Sweetie, do you have a home?" She asked, and you shook your head. You took several steps away from her, afraid of hurting her. She inched closer.

"My name's Joyce, you can trust me. Okay?" She asked, holding out her hand. You hesitantly took it, and she gave it a soft, reassuring squeeze.

You gave her a smile, and she lead you to a small house in the forest. She opened the door, rushing around to clean the place up a bit. It only took her about 10 minutes.

"Okay, you can sleep here for the night, okay?" She offered, and you nodded, holding your hand out to shake it. She shook your hand.

"Thank you." You whispered, then pulled your hand away. She waved goodbye and left, leaving you in the dimly lit house, along with a neatly made bed.

Despite your overwhelming exhaustion, you couldn't sleep that well. You hated being alone, let alone possibly being hunted by a demonic being. You quietly hummed Bust A Move, which was a song Richie had showed you on his Beatbox. You loved it.

No, you loved the backstory behind it.

You had gotten enough sleep to get through the next day, your dark circles still awfully visible. You let out a soft sigh, the door suddenly opening. You were met by a smiling Joyce, who had brought eggos.

You'd never had them before, but you were now obsessed. This was the first real meal you've had in about a week, and it felt good to eat again.

"Now, I only have 3 rules that I'm asking you to follow, okay?" She explained, and you nodded, your mouth full of eggo.

"Rule number one. Don't let anyone in besides me, okay? I'll give a special knock." She explained, then showed the knock. The pattern was now memorized.

"Rule number two. Don't go outside. There's a lot of strange people out there, and we don't want you getting caught by anyone." She explained, and you swallowed the rest of your eggo, giving a nod.

"And finally, Rule number three. Always, and I mean always, keep the curtains down. We don't want anyone to see you." She explained seriously, and you nodded once more.

"I understand." You told her, pressing your palm against your now-growing hair, Joyce giving a small smile.

"Good. Now, I'm gonna go to work. Stay here." She commanded, and you nodded, watching her lock the door and leave.

You wandered to the TV, turning it on and switching channels. You didn't know how you did it, but you did. You found a channel filled with static, and an idea came to mind.

You found an old piece of cloth and ripped it, tying it over your eyes. You then concentrated, your eyes closed. Suddenly, you could see Richie. He was talking into the phone.

"Sev? Sev, it's day 322, are you there? I miss you so much." He whispered into the phone, voice wavering. You gathered the courage to speak.

"Richie." You whispered, and the light in his eyes came back. He smiled again. You walked towards him and knelt down in front of him, and he looked right at you.

"Sev! Sev, is that you?" He yelled excitedly into the phone, but Bev came into view. You sniffled and took a step back, watching the two interact.

"Richie, it was only me. What are you doing?" She asked, eyes filled with concern. You ripped the blindfold off, tears rolling down your cheeks.

You missed him.

You needed him.

"Oh, hey Bev." He said, disappointed. Beverly tilted her head and sat down next to him. She looked at him, offering a small smile.

"Hey. Are you ready to go to school?" She asked, pressing her palm against his comforter. He shrugged.

"Okay, what's going on? You usually love going to school, are you okay?" She questioned, but he didn't give an answer, only a nod.

But he wasn't okay.

He missed her.

He needed her.

Word Count; 869
A/N; HEY GUYS HERES THIS SHITTY CHAPTER :)) ALSO GUYS WE STILL HAVE INTERNET AND STUFF AYYEYEE!1!1!
I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS, CYA NEXT TIME!