Stay

The rest of that day hadn't been easy for Richie, or anyone for that matter

The rest of that day hadn't been easy for Richie, or anyone for that matter. Richie had a number of anxiety attacks and mental breakdowns, more than he's ever had. Eddie was the one who helped him through it, since Eddie was the only one he really trusted from that group.

You were laying on Richie's bed, since he wanted you to stay there with him. Just so if you woke up, he'd be the first one you saw. Joyce and the others would come every day for several hours to check up on you and Richie, Joyce helping increase your chance of waking up.

It had been several days before you could muster the strength to open your eyes, but you couldn't move much else. You felt paralyzed. After a couple of minutes of effort, you managed to shift and look up at Richie.

"Richie?" You croaked, your voice far below a whisper. Thankfully, Richie had been listening very closely, just to try and reassure himself you would wake up alright. For the first time in days, he smiled. His dull eyes lit up.

"Sev! Holy fuck! Guys!" He yelled, and you winced. His first instinct was to hug you, but didn't realize how much pain you were still in. It felt like you got thrown off a cliff and then stomped on by an elephant. Woo-hoo.

Everyone came running in, nearly everybody yelling a typical "You're okay!" at you, and as much as you wanted to tell them to shut up, you couldn't. It hurt too much. You wanted to go back to sleep.

"Okay, we shouldn't overwhelm her. Joyce and Eddie can stay, the rest of you, out." Richie commanded, and everyone did as they were told. Joyce put a hand on your forehead, which was significantly colder than you thought it'd be. Your eye twitched.

"She'll be okay," Joyce announced with a smile. Richie felt relief wash over him, this being the most relieved he's been since he got his math test back. It was pretty stressful.

"It's just a fever, I'd recommend keeping her colder or try to sweat the fever out to help speed up her recovery." Joyce was such a mom. Richie's respect for her only increased and he nodded, grateful. Eddie could help him out.

"Wheezy, help me out?" Richie asked with a smile, and despite using the nickname he hated, Eddie smiled back. "Sure, Bitchie."

Eddie spent the next few nights at Richie's, helping him take care of you. Eventually, after a couple of days, you managed to sit up. Richie hadn't been in the room, so you called out for him. Your voice was raspy and quiet from lack of communication, but he heard you.

"Sev!" Richie yelled, his voice cracking. You would've found it comical if it weren't for the situation. Eddie laughed, though. "Pubescent little bitch." You heard Eddie say, and couldn't help but chuckle.

The two came running in, Richie shoving Eddie backwards so he could reach you first. He threw his arms around you, practically tackling you. You hadn't been hurting as much, so you didn't mind. Instead, you laughed with him.

It felt good to be back, but you were still stuck in bed since Eddie and Joyce said you shouldn't be moving much. As much as you protested, Richie agreed with them. Betrayal.

Instead, you and Richie just went over more words and talked about whatever. It was nice to talk to him more, and see his side of things, but you wanted to go and hang out with the others, too. You had to see them. One thing you wanted to do was apologize to Bev. You hadn't mean to be so cold to her.

You were free to go tomorrow, you just have to wait.

Word Count; 654
A/N; Sorry for having shorter chapters lately, but having Seven live won by a landslide. It was like 40 something to 5. Sorry for those who wanted her to die, but every story comes to an end..🤔