7. Homesickness And Some New Feelings

Start from the beginning

***

-3 days later-

"No... It's ok papa, I'm not crying." I wiped a tear off my cheek, "I just miss her a lot... yeah I understand that she's... no, of course, I miss you, too! I... I don't have anything to talk... now... so I'm... It's also very late and I have to wake up early, so... bye. I love you."

I put the phone down on the counter next to the sink and sat down on the toilet seat remembering the last time I had spoken to my mother, and then I started sobbing again.

Hakyung knocked on the bathroom door. "Unnie...?" she called out softly, "are you crying?"

"NO!" I yelled, my voice cracking a little, "just go away. Leave me alone."

After calming myself down, I walked out of the bathroom, wiping my cheeks dry and headed straight to my room. But I stopped in the doorway when I saw Hakyung lying down on a sleeping mat on the floor next to my bed. When she saw me she sat up, "I sleep here with you! Because you miss your eomma, appa?"

I nodded, sitting down on the bed.

Hakyung sprung up to her feet, she placed both her fists on her cheeks and started singing cutely, "unnie! Himnaeseyo! Cheer up! Don't cry! Ok? Bbuing bbuing."

"Eww," I looked at her with disgust, "what the fuck are you doing?"

"Trying to make you laugh," she pouted, sitting down next to me.

I sighed, "I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm never like this... whiny and cranky. I guess I'm PMSing... I just feel like crying all the time."

Hakyung suddenly pulled me into her arms, literally squeezing me, "I know sometimes I cry just like that. Unnie, you can cry on my shoulder. Is ok. Me here for you."

I gently pushed her away, "I'm fine. I'm not dying. You don't have to do all that... cheesy shit for me."

Hakyung looked shocked, I guess because I had never been this honest with her before. "Shimmi unnie... I ask you something?" she looked up at me nervously, "You... you no happy here? You no like me?"

Fuck. How does she know?

If it was any other day, I would've been honest with her and told her how I thought she was a little crazy and so so cheesy and cringey. But my hormones were fucking with my head and I don't understand why I just hugged her instead and started bawling, literally crying uncontrollably, and mumbled in between sobs, "I'm... sorry. I don't... hate you... but you're really irritating some... times... but I know you're really sweet and... you really care about me... right... you're like... the little sister... I've always... wanted."

Wow, I never realized how cheesy that sounded. But whatever I said was true, I did wish I had a little sister and I guess if I had one she'd be as annoying as Hakyung.