7. Homesickness And Some New Feelings

-SIMRAN-

"Your daughter's in love!" Ruhi announced to my mom while we were Skyping from Hakyung's laptop that evening.

"Bitch, please!"

"Simmi! No swearing!" my mom yelled, then her face softened and she smiled excitedly, "by the way what's his name?"

"MAMA!!! STOP IT!"

"Jungkook!" Hakyung yelled from the kitchen.

"Chon Goo? Oooh," my mom teased.

"I hate you. I'm logging off now-

"No no! Look, Karan's here to say hi. You kids have fun. I'm going!"

"But I wanted to talk to you! Not him!" I complained.

"I know, darling. But I'm super busy with work. I'll TTYL! Bye!"

Great! She never has time for me.

"Bye aunty!" Ruhi waved at the screen.

Then when Karan waved hi, Ruhi groaned in disgust and immediately got out of the chair, and went to sit on the couch.

Hakyung sat in her place, "Hi Kah-run!"

"Oh... uh hi Gone Min!" he waved at her.

"NO! ☹️ I'm Hakyung. You forget me?"

"No no no!" he shook his hands violently, "Of course not. How could I forget you? 😏Do you know I've been seeing your pretty face in my dreams every night?"

Hakyung giggled.

Eww. I'd forgotten how horribly cringey this guy is.

"Karan I seriously wish I could jump through the screen and fucking punch your ugly face! I'm logging off. Bye!"

"Oye wait! First tell me who's this Chungoo guy?"

"Shimmi unnie's boyfriend!! "

"Boyfriend? 😮 No way!"

"Why? Jealous much?" I grinned.

"No. But can't believe you ditched me. I don't want to be single alone." *fake cries*

"🙄 Don't be so overdramatic. He's not my boyfriend. He's... just a friend."

Ruhi sprung out of the couch then and walked next to me, "Just a friend? Oh yeah... a friend you really really care about, right Simmi?"

"😒What...?"

"He's clearly a very special friend of yours. Because today after school when we were walking towards the bus stop, you were totally flirting with him."

"I was not!"

"And she looked at him and smiled and winked," Hakyung giggled.

"I did NOT wink! What the fuck? You're just cooking up some shit! I didn't do any of that!"

"Yeah actually... I don't believe any of that. Simmi, I know you can't flirt," Karan sniggered, "You're so awkward around your crushes. Remember that guy you used to like in 5th grade?"

"What guy?" Ruhi shot me a look, "Why do I not know about this?"

"Because we weren't friends back then! Whatever... Karan don't listen to them, they're mad. I'm logging off, now. We have homework. Where's mama? I wanna say bye."

"She uh... wait." Karan left to get my mom, but he returned alone, "she said she's busy. She says bye to all of you."

She doesn't even have time to say goodbye?🙄