Chapter 13

This day should have been my favourite day of the year. I should be happy and content, but no. I'm not just sick on this glorious day, instead I'm nursing the most annoying, most dangerous and most bipolar man I've ever met, back to good health. Why? Why me?

The first thing I did in the morning was go to Alexandra. According to her, I should be fine in a couple of days if I continue to take my medication on time, unlike some people. She gave me a medical certificate for college, but not before wishing me a happy birthday and a year full of success, which was very sweet of her.

Anyway, back to the present. Here I am, about to give the devil his breakfast. Fortunately for me, the corridors were empty since it was only 7 am; at least I won't drop his food or anything. Unfortunately, Gina had just informed me that Ferro should be awake by now.

I awkwardly hold the tray in my left hand while trying to knock on the door with my right. I heard a faint "come in," followed by a loud cough. I opened the door, only to close my eyes in shock. There laid Ferro, with the same girl that opened the door for me the first time I cleaned his room. Talk about bad memories. The difference between then and now is that they're both naked. I slowly opened my eyes yet immediately averted my gaze towards the ground. I quickly placed the tray on a table in the corner.

"Sorry for interrupting."

I rushed out before they could say anything.

I kept on walking –almost jogging – until I took a left turn and leaned on the wall with a redface and ringing ears. How could he do it while he's sick

  Really Sparkle, this is what you're thinking about right now?

I scoffed at my stupid thoughts. I'm already confused about yesterday's kiss.

Flashback (Yesterday night, After Ferro left)

"Well, I know Ferro likes to mess with you, but this is a whole new level," Robin said while looking through my underwear drawer.

"I know right, and stop being a pervert!" I pushed him away from my drawer.

"Actually, and after thinking about it"

"You actually use your brain Robin." I faked a gasp with a smirk.

"Knock it off. I should stop teaching you sarcasm." I rolled my eyes at his statement.

"And as I was saying, Ferro enjoys playing the game of cat and mouse, but maybe he enjoys it a little too much with you," he said with a serious tone.

End of Flashback

Robin made it clear that Ferro could only be playing around: of course, I'm not his type. How foolish of me to think otherwise.

I am such an idiot.

"What could have made you blush that much, baby girl?"

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Angelo's smooth voice. He engulfed me in a huge bear hug, surrounded by his musky scent. I was a little bit upset when he let go of me.

"You wouldn't want to know," I said remembering that sight. He chuckled, causing me to look at him.

  "Don't mind Ferro."

I was shocked. How did he know?

"Oh, and before I leave, happy birthday," and then he left, but not before kissing my hand like a true gentlemen and successfully leaving me in a blushing mess.

After an hour of me hanging around in the kitchen and offering my help to the rest of the staff – who refused, with the excuse of it being my birthday – I decided to go back to Ferro's room. Not able to handle another situation like before, I hoped for the best.